Immigration - Are we changing our minds?

If only old Ahab had taken Naboth’s vineyard for a garden to feed the poor of Samaria … he would be a hero of the modern Left!

Yes they do. Courts rightfully ruled people can’t be held on them. (pick yourself up off the floor you read that right).

No they didn’t. City have no obligation after court rulling to hold a person on an administrative detainer. Becomeing a sanctuary city goes miles past that.

Again, sanctuary city goes beyond detainers.

Nope. But what the cities/counties/states SHOULD do, is notify ice that a person of interest to them is being held. Then notify them again before the person is released.

What ICE does after that is on that agency.

Yup.

and I’ll add one more thing. If iCE sends a detainer or what I will call a notification request – then the agency doesn’t notify ICE of the release. Should be in a file. If that person then committs another crime, let that be used as evidence for a civil suit against the releaseing entity as negligent policy.

1 Like

Not sure why my topic about Sanders latest immigration proposal was deleted within 3 seconds of posting but if interested Sanders released his immigration plan yesterday which included ending Ice as well as decriminalizing border crossings. As well as providing Medicare for all and free college for illegals.

That’s ok. We’re using your tax dollars to build a wall which will reduce the number of illegals from crossing, which in turn will decrease the tax dollars we pay to support illegals. Another promise fulfilled by our beloved president Trump! MAGA!!

1 Like

Here’s one who isn’t changing her mind. Warren says she is open to ending all deportations. A Trump/Warren race would make it a clear choice as to whether we want to be a “welcoming” country or put people in oh, I don’t know, boxcars.

Quite the strawman since nobody has ever made such a claim.

Facts you don’t like though, every crime committed by an illegal adds to the crime rate, leaves victims in their wake, and is totally preventable.

No it isn’t, ICE is simply asking them to notify ICE when someone is due to be released.

So they are simply enforcing what all sanctuary cities have been demanding from the start. Due process.

No, most of the cities were refusing detainers altogether demanding instead that ICE have warrants and have agents standing there to make an arrest when the suspects were released but weren’t even notifying ICE of release dates.

Weren’t some of them denying access to ICE to make the arrests?

1 Like

At least they’re people that are citizens of this country and not breaking the law.

Why should I have to pay for policies that encourage illegals to come here? Why can’t they follow the law and do things the legal way?

Illegals = illegal. That is all.

You live in East Orange?

Among the many I have lived in.

Belleville
East orange
orange
Montclair
Fairfield
Dover

I have lived in 6 towns in jersey. And still live in the last one.

Allan

I was in East Orange a few years ago. I feel lucky to have left there alive.

Yes, some judges went even further and actively aided in their escape.

1 Like

There’s pluses and minuses to it. Good economy, but very high taxes and cost of living, which is why it was the number one state people left. Very overcrowded, heavy traffic, long commutes plenty of autopolution. In many parts of the state nothing but black tops and buildings with little open space and few trees or forests. Everything you need is close by, plenty of restaurants and places to shop. Looking forward to moving out someday.

Not a place you would want to live.