I'm lookning for the Biden DNC response to this, Can't find it

Where did you get this information? Share a link please. Doesn’t look like a brick in the picture to me. Not sure why you’d use a plastic bag to throw a brick anyway. Please though, let us know how you found out there was a brick in the plastic bag.

Could have been a brick.

No, they should have called 911 and not chased him.

1 Like

“Should” is a statement of judgement. Calling 911 was an option. Unless it’s illegal to attempt to disarm an active shooter, that was also an option.

If, after just witnessing an individual shoot someone multiple times, they felt the best option to prevent additional shootings/injuries/deaths was to stop the shooter, they are justified in doing so. The shooter already displayed deadly force. If it were me and only me, I’d be running the other direction or finding cover. If I was with friends/loved ones and could not get them to immediate safety, I’d hope I’d have the guts to confront the shooter. At least me being shot would buy them a few seconds more to get to safety.

Why would the rioters call the people they are fighting against for assistance. A bit hypocritical, don’t you think?

1 Like

Sure. Wasn’t my suggestion. I was replying to a poster who stated that and agreed it was an option. Not really hypocritical though, more ironic. I don’t necessarily agree that the protestors/rioters were “fighting against” the police anyway.

Their feelings are irrelevant. They should have called 911 and let the professionals handle it. The active shooter was running away.

Your third party retrospective opinion. Their first party prospective choice…which is the only thing of relevance.

It’s all outcome bias anyway. Critiquing a decision after the outcome is easy. The outcome was not known at the time the decision was made. Did they know with certainty the shooter wasn’t moving away simply to create distance for additional rounds to be fired? If that was the case, and more people were killed or injured, was the correct decision still to call 911 and wait?

Their actions can be second guessed to utter futility. Once the shooter demonstrated he was willing to shoot and kill (while continuing to maintain control of his firearm) there was no way to guarantee he would not shoot others. They made a choice and we know the consequences. We don’t know the consequences of any hypothetical alternative choices they might have made. They may have been worse. Maybe better.

that can only be answered by professionals.