Illinois Sheriffs won’t enforce “assault” weapons ban

Did we win? Or did they?

Fair question, but they aren’t living in America, so not an equal comparison.

Dealing with people thousands of miles from home is not the same as dealing with people here, right?

True but it does show that primitive weapons can stand up to F-15s

1 Like

Not only that, there has yet to be a war won exclusively with air power.

2 Likes

I think we are all making too much of Biden’s comment.

Well…they are, anyway.

I think some are, I don’t think the 3 of us are.

Ever notice how when it comes to (D)efending (D)umbassery, libs always revert to the delusion that America didn’t just lose a 20 year, multi-trillion-dollar struggle against 7th century farmers with rifles and fertilizer?

:thinking: :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Figuratively, not literally. One can say he inferred that, but that’s not what he said.

most dangerous cities in the US.

of the top 10 8 are in solid red states…
only 2 are in illinois,as opposed to texas with 3. even oklahoma has 2. arkansas for comparrison has 7
https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/blog/top100dangerous

Que sera, sera. :wink:

Diane Feinstein tried to define it as such more than twenty years ago. She had my Ruger 10-22 on her “ban 'em” list.

Well it needs to be pointed out.

Which just proves that killing one man with an AR-15 does not end the war. Killing Osama was about revenge. Not even Obama thought it would win the war.

1 Like

Not to mention the people who would back him seem to fail to realize a civil war would end their freedom as well. Nobody wins that. This countries economy depends heavily on consumer confidence, imagine how confident consumers would be during a civil war. Say hello to worse then the depression in the economy and a necessary curtailing of everyone’s rights, fun times.

It’s not pertinent. Lawmakers can call their bill anything they want. Remember the “Patriot Act”? Or more recently the “Inflation Reduction Act”? Or even the “Assault Weapons Ban” of 1994.

I didn’t say they couldn’t call it what they want but I can’t see any reason to let the lie slide by unmentioned.

I think everyone here already knows that semi-automatic guns are not assault weapons and vice versa … even the anti-gun libs.

The USA is 3rd in murders throughout the World.

But if you take out Chicago, Detroit, Washington D.C. and New Orleans, the United States is 4th from the bottom for murders.

These 4 cities that substantially impact those stats also have the toughest gun control laws in the United States and are all controlled by Democrats.

6 Likes

proof? ideally from a reputable statistical source
never mind ,i looked it up. as i suspected you are very very wrong

the US is nowhere near #3. not even in the top 50