Illinois manufacturer moving to Mexico over Trump tariffs

Successful business owners know the value of operating efficiently.

As much as all like the idea of small businesses, they’re rarely the most efficient.

Well, that “dude” never owned a business.

That “dude” never got to understand that a Mom and Pop can only buy so many widgets at “X” price. The Walmarts can buy the widgets at a fraction of the price due to mass purchasing.

Mom and Pop may be making a 5% GPM while Walmart is making a 15% GPM.

Walmart is a nice scapegoat and all, and I’m not saying they’re good for everyone involved, but the biggest problem is the working class inability or unwillingness to adapt.

Operating efficiently is an important aspect of being a successful small business owner. However, there are many, many more aspects to it than that as well.

Why don’t you hold corporate America responsible for not protecting the economy and workforce?

There is not the huge problem at the border that Trump, and other idgets claim.

Yes people should have taken job training moved etc.

But when Walmart dictates that a company has to move production over seas to cut cost or closes stores or axes entire departments because workers organize that is a direct attack on working people.

Business is not “touchy-feely”. They exist to make profit.

Hold the politicians and policies accountable.

Are you aware you are spouting bull ■■■■■

Google is your friend.

Short term pain is self evident. What is the long term gain?

Corporations do not have any social responsibility for its workers, community or business partners?

Oh right…that was Mr. Friedman’s idea…and businesses did put profit above everything else.

They then bribed congress critters…I mean donated to congree critters to make the laws even easier for them to increase profits even more.

I do blame congress as well…but businesses are also to blame…quite alot in fact.

I need to look at this more…but it looks to be a good start.

A more even playing field. American workers able to compete.

Here is a better link:

In the process of creating a more even playing field, we are applying tariffs on individual trading partners.
My opinion is that, in the long run, those individual trading partners will create alliances to buy and sell goods to and from the US at reduces rates and purchase more goods and services among themselves.

In order for us to combat that, we will have to create alliances ourselves. Which will put us right back into the agreements like NAFTA and TPP.

The long run could very easily put us back into the same position we started.

as long as the wealthy can buy politicians (or be politicians) and greed rules the day (as we all learned was best in Sunday School), there really is no answer. people want boats and summer homes. not raises for their employees.

I can only speak to you from my experience as a small business owner for 20 years. You could not be more wrong.

A storage safe manufacturer is reportedly planning to shut down two Illinois factories and move to Mexico in response to President Trump’s tariffs on Chinese metal imports.

Says it all right there.

do you make more $$ than your employees? have you given yourself more raises over those 20 years than you given all your employees?

How so?

Or are you under the illusion that Obama had annual GPD growth rates over 3%. Have you people already rewritten the history of the Obama years?

Great, and how will tariffs lead to that outcome?

In the end, not as much as we would have hoped.