Illegal immigration may be tied to polio-like-illness: build the freaken wall

10,000 cases of TB nationally each year. It happens. That is .000028% of the entire US population. And even more importantly there have been 11 TB deaths since 2007. That is 1 per year. ONE DEATH A YEAR for the last 11 years. Wow…let’s blame the immigrants for that one death each year.

Right?

1 Like

TB does not pose a threat to US citizens. In fact unless you are a US citizen who stupidly refuses to be vaccinated against TB you run the risk of getting TB. However if you are vaccinated you have almost no risk of getting TB. I have worked in the health care industry for over 30 years. I get a TB test every year. I have never seen one case of TB in the 30 years of working in inpatient and residential programs where TB is most likely to be spread. Your world facts have no bearing on the US. MORE THAN 90 % OF CENTRAL AMERICANS ARE VACCINATED AGAINST TB…aren’t those the same people you wish to keep out of our country?

THE TB RATE IN THE US is .000028% Sounds like we are at extreme risk to me? NOT. Nearly 36,000 people die from cold and flu season each year…yet you want to spend billions to build a wall…and billions more to address illegal immigration for 11 deaths in an 11 year period. Sounds really stupid doesn’t it? But that is what happens when you start throwing around news articles and reports without any knowledge of how to actually read those reports or put things into prospective.

IN the same time that 11 people nationally have died from the so called global TB emergency…from 2007 to 2018…almost 400,000 people have died from the flu. Why don’t we take those billions of dollars you want to spend on a wall and immigration and put it into preventing influenza deaths, better treatments, better vaccines. Seems like a better way to spend money and save hundreds of thousands of people doesn’t it? Your thread is completely false in its premise, and you have no idea of what you are talking about.

4 Likes

Your science uses the word “thought” as in

AFM is thought to be caused by infections with different types of viruses. The infections most commonly mentioned with AFM include polio or West Nile virus and related infections. Most patients with AFM have a respiratory illness or fever before their limbs are affected. Other causes of AFM are still being explored and may include environmental toxins or genetic disorders.

Aside from that, Michael Osterholm, director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP) at the University of Minnesota, who was asked “How contagious is AFM”? The response was
”We don’t know until we know what it is. But enteroviruses in general tend to be fairly infectious.” LINK

JWK

Baloney. NON US BORN includes a number of identifiable groups, one of which could be illegal entrants.

JWK

Are legal immigrants being tested for this disease? If the cause is not known, what test is being used to detect the disease?

Did you miss the word Illegally bolded and italicized for your benefit. So Baloney to you. I meant that it included those here illegally as well. It just doesn’t mean that all included in that number are here illegally. IT SEEMS as if you want us to believe that TB is being caused largely by Illegals and then you use a number that shows TB infections for all NON US BORN individuals…which is vastly different.

1 Like

The Cause has always been linked to West Nile and maybe some other viruses and is thought to be linked to other causes such as toxins in the water or other things.

By all means cherry pick one of my links…when another clearly states the following:

According to the CDC, the incidence and epidemiology of AFM is not fully clear but it is linked to poliovirus or West Nile virus and other flaviviruses. Until recently, the incidence was fairly small following a spike in the summer of 2014. This summer and fall, there seems to be another spike. The CDC reported over 30 cases in September and most recently, 9 children have been reported to have AFM in Washington with 1 of the children dying.

AND ANOTHER LINK:

Possible Causes of AFM

AFM or similar neurologic conditions may have a variety of possible causes such as viruses, environmental toxins, and genetic disorders.

Certain viruses that can cause AFM or similar neurologic conditions are

Oftentimes, despite extensive lab tests, the cause of a patient’s AFM is not identified.

Either way. It is far more scientifically based than some anti immigration Trump Loving poster trying to tie an extremely rare viral disease to illegal immigration. But make your self look silly of semantics. Be my guest.

2 Likes

What if it’s an insect transmitted disease that increasingly manifests as climatic conditions improve for disease spreading bugs due to climate change?

Someone who just left a hospital is far more of a threat. We could eradicate MRSA if we demolished every healthcare center.

1 Like

This makes me nostalgic for the HPV vaccine threads.

Sigh. I love your disease posts.

Nice to be admired…lol. I studied epidemiology in Grad school.

I figured as much, from the last Ebola Rampage.

Nice, it was my emphasis in undergrad so it’s great to see another normal person in this ridiculous slop fest.

Well… then… we should build the wall so that the illegals dont bring the bugs up here.

I doubt if it is. But aside from that, and viewing the big picture, during legal immigration, immigrants are tested for contagious diseases. But under illegal immigration, immigrants by-pass medical examinations which would detect a number of contagious diseases.

Securing our border, which includes building a wall, would not only help to drastically reduce illegal entry into our country, it would also drastically reduce human trafficking and the flow of drugs into our country, in addition to checking contagious diseases.

Is it not common sense to secure our borders?

Why is the Democrat Party Leadership determined to obstruct securing our border and preventing illegal entry into the United States?

JWK

There is no surer way to weaken, destroy and subjugate a prosperous and freedom loving country than by importing the world’s poverty stricken and criminal populations into that country and making the country’s existing citizens tax-slaves to support the economic needs of such an invasion.

I loved that Ebola thread. It went on for months. We live in the greatest health care system ever. Things like this and Ebola don’t scare me. It’s like saying swimming in my perfectly kept pool is the exact same thing as swimming in asewage treatment tank full of raw sewage. We are not Africa.

This…

Kills!

10 characters.

When you study the disease, its causes and the overall effectiveness of a nations healthcare system. Things like Ebola don’t scare you that much do they. The panic is something out of one of those monkey outbreak movies.