Illegal immigration and Kids

12 GOP Senators co signed Hatch’s letter to the DOJ asking them to freeze the zero tolerance policy to give Congress more time to get the bill passed and implemented.

Not all of them. We also already have asylum seekers that didn’t break immigration law, are out of the system and can’t get any information about their children. 2 lawsuits and counting.

Yep chuck Schumer should be all over this. If they don’t 2018 will be known as the election democrats dropped the ball.

It is my hope that letter gets 100 signatures

Why do you keep trying to confuse pity with the simple idea that they shouldn’t be ripped away from their mothers?

It’s completely disconnected.

Lot of R’s are on record as late as last week as being okay with the policy, this isn’t getting handed as being the Democrat’s fault. Schumer didn’t force Trump to start separating families.

My understanding is this is not about asylum seekers but rather people who just entered illegally. However, there is so much being said, some of it undoubtedly false, that I wouldn’t say for certain if that is true or not.

What apparently is true, however, is that Schumer is opposing the Cruz bill. Rs need to call their bluff and advance the bill. Let the Ds fillibuster it.

From your article:

As children are separated from their families, law enforcement agents reclassify them from members of family units to “unaccompanied alien children.” Federal officials said Tuesday that since May, they have separated 2,342 children from their families, rendering them unaccompanied minors in the government’s care.”

That terrifies the crap out of me

please tell me what you mean by “ripped”.

Has anyone posted here yet about the latest news that they, the Trump Admin and ICE, apparently have been keeping babies and toddlers they pulled away from parents in at least 3 “tender age” shelters in south Texas someplace.

This is nuts! They don’t even have established procedures for making sure that kids are returned to parents.

btw… Obama sent out the message… “COME TO AMERICA ILLEGALLY”

he is to blame

Shhh adults are talking

1 Like

Can you clarify that?

No, it is both and the recent surge is primarily asylum seekers from either Honduras, El Salvador or Guatemala

No dont open the slow mo b ooo x

too late

Chuck Schumer is a dirt bag. Rs need to go ahead and advance the bill. See if Ds dare to filibuster.

Schumer knows very well Trump isn’t going to budge. The Cruz bill should pass overwhelmingly, but obviously Ds would rather try and score political points than help the kids.

This isn’t about the kids at all for Ds… it’s about Trump.

Asked if that meant Democrats would not support a bill backed by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) to keep immigrant families together while seeking asylum on the U.S. border, Schumer said they want to keep the focus on Trump.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/393069-schumer-rejects-gop-proposal-to-address-border-crisis

Neither did McConnell. From what I am reading, every R is on board with the Cruz bill.

Yes now its the D’s holding it up and round and round we go :laughing:

I agree Republicans should dare the Dems!

It’s disgusting.

There need to be a couple of assurances in place for it to get support from Democrats. The main being that the extra judges and infrastructure need to be in place before and not after the 14 day window is enacted otherwise the entire thing is a farce to get the news to stop talking about it.