I'll admit it, I really thought all the widespread voter fraud stuff was just nonsense

It’s clearly not and does not comply with federal law…
https://www.mystatesman.com/news/crime--law/texas-objects-proposed-motor-voter-fixes/2rqLZABiWSplmMkB6cva3J/

LMAO… If you call filling out a form online, then PRINTING the form and MAILING the form easy…

May not comply with federal law…

But ya, printing a form and mailing it in is easy.

.>>>>

Yet I can update my drivers license online easily without printing a form… It’s almost like they are trying to make changing voter registration difficult for some reason…

I’ll be honest, I don’t even keep stamps at my house anymore. Why should I? I never need them.

It ticks me off when I run into the occasional business that want me to FAX something to them… I take a picture of the document with my mobile phone and email it to them… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Some my clients still have fax machines. Whenever I’m at their offices it’s like a journey back to the 1900s.

Dot matrix printers as well?

did you guys ever see the viral video where some dad connected a rotary dial phone to a phone line in his kitchen and all the teens at his house that day tried to make a call. not a single one could figure it out. they all dialed the number before picking up the handset. it was hilarious.

When I was working on my master’s in education around 2006, I worked in the main office for my department. We held 2-3 big events each year that brought hundreds/thousands of teachers and students to our campus. We still faxed out all the information to the hundreds of schools we contacted to participate. And let me tell you-faxing them info, and folding informational letters and stuffing envelopes in 2006 was a complete and total waste of time, especially on the ancient printing press of a copier/fax machine we had that broke if you looked at it funny.

I always pressed my immediate supervisor/adviser about why we weren’t doing all of wholly using online registration and e-mail, ESPECIALLY given how tech savvy he was. He kept insisting that there enough dinosaurs out there who still wouldn’t get the info if we didn’t do it that way. He finally caved about a year after I left and went full digital.

When fax machines first came out, yes I’m that old, the fax salesman brought one to the office I was working at and trained the office manager how to use it. He had her put the paper in it, dial the number and press send. She was befuddled. The paper simply went from the input tray to the output tray. That confused her and she thought it didn’t work.

1 Like

You are not registered…you have informed the government that you meet all the requirements to be registered to vote. That, of course, is only if you actually do, since they are going to ask you to provide those documents at the point where you actually attempt to register.

That, for those keeping score, does not equal actually being registered.