IG - Report On Clinton Investigation

This stuff really gets into the weeds of rhetoric when you start to parse it out.

Horowitz says “we did not find no bias”, which is an awesome double negative. However, that’s different than saying he found bias. Basically in other circumstances where bias was a consideration, they found reasonable explanations for why a decision was made. With regard as to why the emails from the Weiner laptop were ignored for a month, he did not find a reasonable explanation. So as to whether that decision was made with bias, Horowitz simply cannot say. There is no evidence for or against it.

What the report says is this:

We searched for evidence that the Weiner laptop was
deliberately placed on the back-burner by others in the
FBI to protect Clinton, but found no evidence in emails,
text messages, instant messages, or documents that
suggested an improper purpose. We also took note of
the fact that numerous other FBI executives—including
the approximately 39 who participated in the
September 28 SVTC—were briefed on the potential
existence of Midyear-related emails on the Weiner
laptop. We also noted that the Russia investigation was
under the supervision of Priestap—for whom we found
no evidence of bias and who himself was aware of the
Weiner laptop issue by September 29. However, we
also did not identify a consistent or persuasive
explanation for the FBI’s failure to act for almost a
month after learning of potential Midyear-related emails
on the Weiner laptop.

(1:13:34) Horowitz: “We were not saying that for every single decision … there are hundreds of decisions being made.”

Did you watch the testimony to give context to that comment? Do you know what came after those words?

https://foia.state.gov/searchapp/documents/hrc_ndas/1/doc_0c05833708/c05833708.pdf

This is a copy of the Classified Information Nondisclosure Agreement that Hillary Clinton signed with the United States in 2009.

“Intending to be legally bound, I hereby accept the obligations contained in the agreement in consideration of my bing granted access to the Classified Information…”

It would stand to reason that James Comey and every other government employee that handles Classified Information would be obligated to sign the same agreement document.

That agreement is not worth the paper it is printed on for the Senior Executive Service.

:rofl:

Senior executive service

What does that have to do with Comey sending unclassified drafts to his private email from his government email?

Comey used his personal email account for official government business.

The inspector general’s report on the FBI and Justice Department’s probe of Hillary Clinton’s private email server found that several G-men — including former director James Comey — used “personal email accounts for official government business,” a violation of bureau protocol.

A signed Classified Information Nondisclosure Agreement is not worth the powder and led to blow it up anyway.

What does a classified information nondisclosire have to do with Comey’s email account?

204 in State

821 in DOJ

Why do you keep mentioning the Classified Information Nondisclosure Agreement? Comey did not send classified information to his private email acount.

How else would you know what I was talking about if I hadn’t said “Classified Information Nondisclosure Agreement?” :smile:

Comey used his personal email account for FBI business. That is a violation of the FBI’s protocol.

Ask yourself why Horowitz mentioned that if it was nothing.

That you know of.

You could say that about anyone with access to classified information.

Uh huh. And before a month ago, I bet you had no idea what the Senior Executive Service was.

Now they’re public enemy number one.

You’d lose troll.

Nah. I know you better than you know yourself.

I replied to your Sheryl Atkinson oped with a substantive response.

It’s not my fault you ignored it. Substance is ignored a lot around here. That’s how you can tell who the trolls are. If you want to discuss the topic, I’m all for it.

I ignored you. See?

I did see. The next question is why. I have a hunch.

No need to hunch. I don’t like you.