If you think that a group can be fairly defined by the worst person in the group, the worst person in your group is you

If you think a group of people can be fairly defined by the worst person in the group, the worst person in your group is you.

That is Scott Adams’s response to Don Lemmon equating all Trump supporters and Republicans with those arrested at the Capitol and the KKK.

See the video starting at 10:20. Warning: Contains R-rated language.

For background on Don Lemon’s statements see:

Do you agree with the response from Scott Adams?

Why would anyone be there at that rally in the first place?

Not interested in whoever that is.

Defining an opposing group by its worst elements is just another way to purity test impure humans. There is no group on the planet that won’t fail.

The violence, looting, vandalism, and attempted bombings on Jan. 6 aren’t, on their own, a reason to condemn the MAGA nation or ignore their concerns.

1 Like

…because I believe that there is evidence of a fraudulent election, so do millions of Americans and that’s why.

Of course there is evidence. Now the left wants us to pretend like there isn’t. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

BLM approves of this post so very much.

I remember when people defined Obama by the reverend of his church for 8 years.

3 Likes

As for worst person in groups Lemon has to be about the worst person in any group.

Back in 2018 and 2019, the New York Times and CNN ran stories about the obvious vulnerabilities of the election systems:

Improving the security of elections should not be a partisan issue.

Show your work.

1 Like

It shouldn’t be.

That it is tells one all they need to know about the recent election.

I agree in theory. Fringe elements of larger groups shouldn’t define the entire group. But you can’t fully absolve yourself of those elements either. It’s gets tricker with political movements when seemingly moderate groups elect polarizing leadership who act as the figurehead.

What would you improve from our current systems?

I could post an example of a Dominion voting machine changing 6,000 votes from Trump…to Biden and it wouldn’t matter? I could post a judge, authorizing a forensic analysis of this machine and the conclusion was that the software was designed to create systematic fraud and it wouldn’t matter…amirite? :sunglasses:

1 Like

It wouldn’t matter because it’s not true. But please, provide your evidence of fraud.

The important thing is that people feeeeeeeeel that there was mass fraud. And that’s the important thing.

1 Like

What happens if you apply that logic to anyone who attended a BLM protest that later turned violent?

Don Lemon appears to be calling for collective punishment of Trump voters:

“You’re in the crowd who voted for Trump. If you voted for Trump you voted for the person who the Klan supported. You voted for the person who Nazis support. You voted for the person who the alt-right supports. That’s the crowd that you are in. You voted for the person who incited a crowd to go into the capitol and potentially take the lives of lawmakers. Took the lives of police officers. Took the lives of innocent lives who were there on the Capitol that day. You voted on that side,” Lemon said.

Logically a similar statement would apply to Biden voters and BLM supporters as well if recent reports are correct:

I agree with the statement from Adams.

That’s what I thought. When faced with the truth, that doesn’t match what you’ve been fed, you go into denial.

1 Like

The important thing is that it wasn’t forensically investigated by sources that weren’t in charge of the election that got us where we are? They held on tight to all the evidence. Why is that?

1 Like

I’m sorry. I must have missed the truth you provided. Please link again so I can check it out.

1 Like