If you could ask a debate question, what would it be?

I’m not looking for the same, lame softball questions that they get asked by the DNC approved moderators that we have seen. I’m not looking for another who hates Trump the most question. That won’t matter after the election. Policy will. What policy question would you ask? I have several. Here is my first one.

AS PRESIDENT, WILL YOU WORK TO OVERTURN LAWS THAT ALLOW AMERICANS TO CARRY CONCEALED FIREARMS? OR, DO YOU SUPPORT OUR RIGHT TO DO SO?

Your turn.

When will we start seeing a balanced budget?

5 Likes

Why when it comes to military operation (Syria, Libya, Iran, Iraq) money isn’t an issue. But when it comes to helping American the government can’t afford it.

1 Like

Good one. I would be more specific though. Because we will never “see a balanced budged” unless we make some tough choices. I would be more specific.

"WHAT IS YOUR PLAN TO ACHIEVE A BALANCED BUDGET?"

This sounds more like a statement than a question. How would the question be phrased?

“Would you be willing to participate in a debate that requires written answers?”

If I had influence, I would do everything in my power to reform the debate process itself. Presidenting is serious business and the circus of oral television debates doesn’t do it justice.

If you could submit a written question, what would it be?

“Would you be willing to submit your written answers under penalty of perjury?”

1 Like

Sure, But that still tells you nothing about how they would govern. Do you have a specific question that you would like them to answer under penalty of perjury? Something that has not been asked?

BTW. the perjury threat is an empty one. We don’t charge democrats with perjury. Haven’t since Bill Clinton.

They’re applying to a government job. If they can’t answer under the same conditions as a normal person applying to Post Office, then they’ve already told us everything about how they would govern.

Okay. So you would ask nothing specific for yourself. You would depend on questions written by someone else. Kinda boring, but okay fine.

I’m a little surprised that given the opportunity to ask a debate question, most of you would pass.

Here’s my second question.

UNDER YOUR HEALTH CARE PREPOSAL, WOULD THERE BE SEVERAL TIERS OF COVERAGE? OR WOULD EVERYONE GET THE EXACT SAME PLAN THAT NANCY PELOSI GETS?

Where is the promised replacement of Obamacare?

This question has already been asked several times. It has pretty much been answered. Most are promoting something similar to Medicare for all. Right?

It’s a good question to put to Donald. What was the answer he repeatedly gave?

Edit - of course I’m thinking of a debate that would occur in the general campaign, not the Democratic primary. If the latter was the intent of your OP I withdraw the comment.

But campaign “pledges” and positions are little more than what the candidate WANTS to do.

The charge that a broken campaign pledge constitutes perjury is meaningless.

Has the USA insulated itself from attacks, such as the theft of 300kg of Highly Enriched Uranium from NUMEC in Apollo, Pennsylvania? This lead to the poisoning of the community of Apollo, Pennsylvania, and ever increasing cancer rates. What will you do to ensure the American People that these breaches of national security will not occur in the future?

Maybe question like. “Tell us what you are so sure you can accomplish in your first term, that you are willing to pledge not to run a second term if you fail?”

How are you going to pay for it all?