If universal health care is so bad how come no one has dropped it?

He is being a poe

As I said, if I was not being forced to pay into the Medicare system I would be happy to self insure. I am saving now to have better insurance on top of Medicare when I retire. But if I’m buying something, even if it is by force, I’m damn sure going to use it. If I were to not use the Medicare that I have already paid for, that would be akin to buying a brand new car, paying it off and leaving it on the car lot. Surely you’re not stupid enough to do something like that or to propose someone else do it.

A person has no business purchasing a cell phone plan unless they are financially stable to the point where an unexpected medical catastrophe is not going to burden the person to the point where they need to ask society for help. Until a person achieves that level of personal wealth, they should be responsible enough to put that money towards a rainy day savings account.

What does this mean… “should” ?

Everyone SHOULD work hard and smart enough and make enough healthy choices to earn money to pay for their necessary healthcare.

That kind of SHOULD?

It should never be a “Right” For it to be a “Right” someone has to be compelled by the force of govt to provide it. At best it should be an unmerited gift as long as funds are available to do so…

1 Like

The funds are very much available.

We just don’t choose as a nation to make it a priority.

As far as it being a right, there is no reason that the richest nation to ever exist on the face of the planet to have the problems that we do have. They are self imposed.

We seem to want civilization, we just don’t want to pay for it.

Because the funds are currently available doesnt make it a “Right” Nor should it be looked at as a “Right”. A “Right” means someone is obligated to provide it to you. People should not think that the govt owes them healthcare just because they exist. That is faulty thinking.

One thing I do disagree with is that a “right” means that someone is obligated to provide it for you. We have plenty of of things that we consider to be rights that do not come attached with an obligation, only a protection… and even then none of those rights are absolute.

When speaking of health care as a “right” there is indeed the idea that there is a collective responsibility to our fellow citizens and the realization that the nation as a whole is much better off when the population is not constantly battling the high costs associated with illnesses and accidents on a individual basis.

Except according to you Medicare is absolutely horrible, why would you risk your health using it?

They have better health outcomes because of obesity rates.

The same reason Tea Party protesters were rolling around on Medicare provided scooters while complaining about government spending.

lol tough ■■■■■ The old school “rights” narrative is falling apart buddy.

1 Like

Can you do without your guns and lower taxes

You know, that’s nonsense. Cell phones are no longer luxury items, and most people have them instead of a landline.

My position is that there are no concept of “luxury items.” All items are prioritized by need. If you can’t pay for an unexpected cancer diagnosis, you shouldn’t be prioritizing eating, or paying rent, or making yourself available to be reached via any method other than snail mail. What’s more important? Having a place to live, or being able to survive cancer without asking for assistance from the government?

I would rather die than ask for a handout because i’m fiscally responsible.

1 Like

Settle down there John Galt.

:lol: Muy bonito.

Can you explain how brain cancer is fixed with diet?

Excuses, excuses. You despise government run health insurance and thinks it’s one of the worst things in the world so why would you use it in the first place, even if you paid into it, since it’s sooooooo awful.

Put your money where your mouth is.

Is it? Please go on.