If there were a viable 3rd party who here would be inclined to vote for them?

I tried the 3rd party thing three times, Perot twice and Steven Forbes.

For the last hundred years and for the foreseeable future 3rd parties simply are not viable.

Whatever major changes are going to be made will have to be made through the existing two major parties.

Destroying books? Will they start with Bolton’s?

1 Like

I actually did vote 3rd party in 2016, as both candidates were trash candidates. 3rd party is now my default. For 2020 though, I’ll vote for whichever candidate has the highest probability of ousting Trump. Get the country out of crisis mode - then we can focus on more important things starting in 2022

2 Likes

I registered as a democrat earlier this year for the primaries. I will be casting a vote for Biden, despite my disagreements. If there were a viable 3rd party candidate, they would be getting my vote instead.

very telling!

I can imagine it DOES scare the left. When the President is doing the will of the people, you are going to have trouble dividing them.

Actually, he’s doing the will of 30% - 40% of the people. The other 60% - 70% (from the left, center, and right) are getting motivated enough to change course in November

You go with that :rofl:

your next “2016” is just around the corner.

What percentage of the population who are USA citizens of voting age actually voted for D Trump in the 2016 presidential election? Did fewer voters vote for D Trump than H Clinton in that election?

yes… more people - a plurality - voted for Clinton. The smaller number of independent minded people did not vote like sheep. You remember well.

Thanks for answering one question. What was D Trump’s vote as a percentage of all USA citizens of voting age?

they both had between 40 and 50. More people voted against either one of them than voted for them. So you really cant say who most people would have voted for if it was just Clinton and Trump on the ballot.

do you have a point that’s relevant to the thread? I do. Adding more third parties will just make more people unhappy with the results. The election process in the US is like that. We don’t have national runoffs until a majority is achieved. We should though.

And I the opposite. I have voted Democratic Party in all but one.

Third party could interest me but not this out.

Gotta go all out to defeat the current president.

Allan

“Populism” is a term the losing side uses for denigrating the voters of the winning side.

2 Likes

It should surprise no one that a forum member from a country that suffered through Papa Joe Stalin should fear the word. The problem with that thinking is that while there is nothing wrong with the president agreeing with the people, agreement between a communist totalitarian and the people he controls is usually obtained through violence and threat of punishment.

2 Likes

Right that’s why I call Bernie a populist

He won 60% of all of the states by popular vote.

1 Like

Assuredly that was not the question I asked. I can understand the diversionary tactic because the answer to my question doesn’t reflect well on D Trump.

Here…let a politician answer your question? :sunglasses:

I couldn’t disagree more. What would you consider the destruction of the statues?

:rofl: “Eichmann”

1 Like