If there is a next debate

The fear was that hospitals would be overwhelmed, as happened in Italy. This did not happen. The response was successful. No one was going to make this the only country without the pandemic.

Where are you seeing this extreme view promoted?

A third perspective is that Trump repeatedly downplayed the severity of the disease, failed to lead by example in both word and deed, pushed states to reopen prematurely, contradicted his own medical experts advice while pushing his favorite quack theories, and in general made a bad situation worse.

But no, he couldn’t have prevented every death.

It’s still happening now.

Wisconsin activates field hospital as surge in COVID-19 cases threatens to overwhelm hospitals

I am in Wisconsin. I just found out my son’s surgery next week has been delayed because of hospital space issues due to Covid.

No matter how much the GOP doesn’t want to talk about Covid, it is still effecting us Americans.

2 Likes

Mr. Trump…as recently as Friday, October 9th, you mentioned that there is now a cure for Coronavirus and that every American in the country will be receiving it free of charge. What steps have you taken to ensure this tremendous logistical accomplishment can be achieved? What science and data do you have available for the citizens of this country to review? What peer-reviewed studies have been done on this “cure?”

Mr. Trump…now that you state we have a cure for COVID-19, will there no longer be a need for a rush on the vaccine? What appropriated funds will you be rescinding that were allocated towards the development of this vaccine?

1 Like

Yeah. They can ask that. But I would not spend 30 minutes on Covid like they have been.

The ads would also be of very poor taste. Using the dead for political gain is sleazy.

So…it hasn’t happened in Wisconsin.
And having a field hospital would cover it even further.
Thanks for emphasizing my point.

@altair1013

You repeatedly asked for folks here to give COVID questions that have not already been asked 1,000 times. I gave you a few. Thoughts?

Yes. Here’s my thought. Discuss this statement for a few minutes. But do we really need to waste another half hour of debate time discussing Covid?

A few minutes? The President of the United States says that HE knows of a CURE for Coronavirus. And that every single American will get it for free. This is game-changing news that is worth more than a few minutes. This could revolutionize modern medicine when it comes to Coronaviruses. And you think it is only worthy of a few minutes?

Honestly, the entire debate should probably be about this and how each candidate will ensure this new cure will be provided to each and every American in the country. How will we handle the patent process on this? How will we engage with the rest of the world on this cure? What steps will each campaign take, if elected, to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of this cure on a global scale.

Wouldn’t you agree? This is massive! It means we no longer even have a need for a vaccine. So that can be scrapped and thrown into the dustbin now. A cure is so much more important. Right?

1 Like

The thing is - the White House, supposedly one of the most secure locations in the US, is a COVID-19 hot spot. That shows how precarious our situation is.

This issue is going to continue to be at the forefront of our nation for some time to come

2 Likes

The American people want to hear about the plans for Covid. It’s just a fact. Trump should be prepared to be accountable for his administration.