If there is a next debate

False. It was brought up in both debates. And 1000 times in other forums.

Welcome to politics.

Wait, Trump was asked specifically about that statement he made?
I don’t think so.
He was asked about several false statements he made. I want a mod to specifically ask him about that and why he said it when he has zero scientific backing.

And Pence didn’t say it, so there’s no way he was asked that specific question.

213,000. Sure go with 213,00 thousand dead Americans is better than 2 million dead Americans. The ads would be a sight.

Ah, 213,000. Good for the left. :hugs:

Right now I must leave politics and do something productive. I highly recommend this to all burned out, angry forum members. Buh bye. :love_you_gesture:

Donald just told Rush that he has the cure to covid, and he will be giving it to everyone for free.

Don’t you want to ask him about that?

1 Like
Mod Note

Knock it off. Now. Everybody.

And just for the record, little notes to mods do not change anything.

I mean, it’s so gloomy and defeatist. It is what it is! Can’t we all just weather the pandemic quietly?

Benghazi is that you?

Donald just told Rush that China will pay a high price for sending us the China virus. I want to know what that is don’t you? Hasn’t been asked 1000 times.

Also, you have ignored, but Donald also told Rush that he has the CURE for covid and will be getting to EVERYONE FOR FREE. I want to know about that don’t you? Hasn’t been asked 1000 times.

3 Likes

I don’t mind the Covid talk I just don’t like the acting like these problems are specific to the United States, and the situation in every country changes daily. Anyone reading world news will see the EuroZone is going through hell right now with a massive resurgence of the virus, especially in countries like Germany and the Netherlands who did a good job the first time and was put on a pedestal of how to handle the virus, they are now seeing record outbreaks.

They are having to talk about shutting down everything again in Germany and at this pace they are scared they will reach 10,000 infections a day whereas countries who already took a big smack because of the virus like Italy aren’t doing as bad, maybe those antibodies work after all? Maybe we should be talking about boosting our immune systems, losing weight, working out, and protecting the elderly which every country has failed so far.

From what I’ve seen and read about pretty much every countries citizens are banding together right now to fight the virus as a country whereas here we are pointing fingers at each for political points. This virus isn’t prejudice on who it infects. I would’ve been affected regardless of whether Biden or Trump was in power. The only thing that would have have kept me from getting it would have been a complete shutdown of all travel into the U.S. very early in and that didn’t happen nowhere in the word partly because China was keeping the severity under wraps as well as the WHO who at one time said the virus isn’t human transmissible. Everyone, everywhere dropped the ball.

I understand how a lot of things are political but I really don’t get how this virus is political there is nothing that democrats or republicans could do outside of sealing everyone into their homes for a month as they did in Wuhan China. I’m also surprised at the way China is getting a free pass from all this they should be held responsible for not being transparent at first and allowing it to leave China. Imagine if china would’ve shut down all air travel internationally the day this broke out, they knew it was a variant of SARS, and could have kept in Wuhan because these people definitely know how to stop the spread and quarantined a whole city.

I got sick not because of the current President but because some in China eat bats, and then jumped on a plane and came to the States. I also got sick because I am very close to the epicenter near Kirkland’s Seattle at a time when few people knew about the virus and how it spread, and it was all around me at the time.

He has the cure? GAMECHANGER and instant re-election! Now that’s news worth asking about - repeatedly.

Well, Trump’s response to it has been.

COVID is a disaster for all Americans.

Trump’s response to it is also a disaster for all Americans, as well as for his presidency.

Hmm - the worst pandemic to affect the US in 100 years, and people are talking about it a lot? Say it isn’t so…

I mean, it’s not like this pandemic has killed over 200,000 Americans or anything…

1 Like

The issue was covered completely in the VP debate. The administration did everything that was recommended by scientific advisors at the time.
And what would either do different in the future, which is where we will live? Biden has already walked back that he has any authority to order a national mask update. The vaccine is in the hands of the drug companies.
The virus will play out the same for both, whichever is elected.

There are two perspectives on Covid. One that Trump was quick to limit the importation of China’s gift to the world with travel bans, quick to supply states with the medical resources they requested, and quick to mobilise the private sector in the search for therapies and a vaccine. And that Trump saved 1800,000 lives of the projected 2,000,000. And his Warp speed initiative is bringing therapies and a vaccine to the public at record pace, saving lives that would have been lost in the five year vaccine track that would have been taken by anyone else.

And the other, that Trump could have protected the US from almost all Covid related deaths and every covid related death can be blamed on him.

Is there a third perspective someone would like to put forward.