If the polls are right and biden wins big plus the dems take the senate is that a mandate?

I see we’re going back to the “how the government should operate when a Republican isn’t in power” playbook.

6 Likes

I would like to go back to real fiscal conservatism and a true system based on capitalism. All this forgotten man and fly over country BS needs to go people need to remember your only forgotten because you chose to be forgotten. Stop playing the victim card and pull yourself up.

5 Likes

Keep in mind that there are different groups voting for Biden for very different reasons. For example, I’m conservative ideologically, but I’m casting my vote as a repudiation of Trumpism. There are others here who are far more aligned with democratic ideology who are voting for Biden for very different reasons. The one thing we all have in common is that we realize that Trump is a clear and present danger to this nation. If there is a mandate, that is it - Trumpism must be repudiated above all else

6 Likes

I never left that place. Most republican policies move us in that direction. There are some that don’t, and most of those I would probably disagree with.

What policies that violate “how the govt should operate” do you think need discussed that occurred under trump?

thanks to gerrymandering house dems really dont have to worry about anything except a primary. just like the tea party did to the GOP. so i expect any moderate dems in teh house to be replaced by much further left ones. and they really wont need to worry about reelection

in 2022 the GOP has many more seats to defend then the dems so i dont think thats a big issue either (only 12 of the 34 seats are democratic held and most are solid blue)

1 Like

^
Really guys. We won’t now if it’s a mandate until noon on January 20, 2021.
We have to see how big is the crowd is at inauguration.
.WW, PSHS

5 Likes

Here’s the thing: you kinda did in a big way. But the real issue is that Democrats remember Republicans blocking them on things like standard Senate confirmed nominations for eight years and then moving immediately to pass everything they could the second they took both houses and the presidency.

That’s the real irony of all this. Trump was such an incompetent politician and incapable of performing even basic functions of the presidency like rounding up the caucus you guys couldn’t even get Obamacare repealed. You got one major bill passed out of about ten they wanted.

1 Like

No… nothing over the last 4 years is equal to tan suits, Dijon mustard, feet on desk, birth certificate, bike helmet, corpsemen scandals.

I respect this. Just don’t be surprised at what happens when the other side gets their turn at a power grab.

One side blocking the others nominations is nothing new and is kind of a moot point. Yes. Obama care should have been repealed, it never should have been a federal issue, it should have been a state issue if states wanted it.

But failing to repeal something the left passed is not an example of the right violating “the way the govt should operate”.

The right passing something like the marriage protection act, something the federal govt has no business regulating, is an example of them violating it.

1 Like

Start the party libs. I want to see big firework display on your election night win.

This election won’t be called one way.or the other for several days

2 Likes

i think it will be. I think we will know pretty early who wins. especially if florida is called early.

1 Like

Ha, ha, ha.

Democrats must disarm to stay in power.

It doesn’t matter what Democrats do. Democrats could do absolutely nothing and the current cast of Republicans will turn the dial to 11 regardless.

Nice try, fellas.

We know your playbook.

5 Likes

Well, That IS the topic. :wink:

I would be happy with a conservative party that is more interested in arguing about solutions instead of reality.

3 Likes

The pure insanity of this post caught me off guard. I don’t know what to say…You know. The last “return to normalcy” president died in office, so Maybe?

1 Like

It will be a complete rejection of Trumpism
And I hope it doesn’t stop

Over the next 2-4 years many on the right will come forward and say they didn’t really support him. They didn’t approve and they were the adult in the room.

It’s BS and I hope all those that covered for him to be rejected as well.

In the 2028 debate the question “Did you support Trump” will be the equivalent of “Did you support the Iraq war” was in 2016.

2 Likes

If Biden wins and we are still in the middle of this virus he will not have a big inauguration or parade.

I hope so.

1 Like