If NATO membership for Ukraine was a known bright red line for Russia, why did Biden promote it?

Thank you for confirming my point with such gusto. Truly.

2 Likes

Confirming that libs love/cheering on Neo-Nazis?

Just for record they’re far worst then Putin.

Nope confirming the point i made that you quoted in part. Thank you again

Neo nazis are much much worse than Putin. Sure. And? What’s the point of comparing the two?

Don’t know…why are libs supporting em?

No one is supporting Azov Battalion.

They are group of around 1000 dudes and are not nearly the casus belli to invade and take over Ukraine.

Yes, this is especially ironic given that the Fine-People Hoax was the basis of Biden’s campaign.

We have repeatedly seen American media claim that an image of a single confederate flag at an event means that everyone there is a White Supremacist or Nazi-sympathizer.

By that standard, Putin’s rhetoric about de-Nazifying Ukraine is hardly exceptional.

2 Likes

Wait you made the comparison right?

Were the continuous violations one sided?

Over 80% of the civilian casualties were on the pro-Russian side according to the UN.

There has been virtually zero coverage in the western media of the simmering war in Donbas. What are seeing now is a massive escalation of war that has been going on since 2014.

I agree with the second sentence. They are residing on the pro Russian side, does that mean that they were killed by Ukranian actions only?

Here is video from a few weeks ago about a bombing of a school at school on the separatist side. The reported location of the crater was consistent with a shell coming from the Ukrainian side.

The fact that 80% of the casualties are on the separatist side is not an accident from what I can see.

You can see that from these videos? Okie.

Russia to hold Irony Conference

Russia has a long history of fighting fascists. Here is a photo from Berlin in May 1945:

The irony is that the US continues to support the use of far-right White Supremacist paramilitaries in Ukraine with a President who made the fine-people hoax the central theme of this campaign.

Dude… that is seriously a stretch.

If Biden had bombed Charlotesville to ashes to get rid of those Nazis then maybe we could have some equivalency… but using that to give cover to invading a country over a 1000 dudes in Donbas, where there has been a contiuing conflict that Russia initiated years ago is just baby licking stupid.

Let us not forget… since 2014 it is Russia that has been the aggressor into Ukraine… not the other way around.

Putin does not want to respect the soveriegnty of a neighbor and wants to have a puppet regime he can control.

Giving excuse to that is quite wild.

What would Biden do if neo-Nazi paramilitaries were killing American civilians and shelling schools?

From what I can see, elements of the US government have been trying to start a war with Russia for some time. Suspending the Minsk agreement and offering NATO membership are the most recent provocations to a war that has been going on since 2014.

Use law enforcement.

Not bomb entire cities that have nothing to do with them.

1 Like

Minsk got suspended when Russia recognized Donetsk and Luhansk as independent nations. Where do you get your news?

True, but if we assume Putin is mostly sane and isn’t suicidal we can somewhat safely assume he won’t activate his nuclear football barring NATO assets firing on Russian assets.

Nuclear weapons are great deterrents. For deterring conventional warfare. For other forms of warfare, such as economic or supporting insurgencies, they lose their luster quickly.

An economy that is heavily damaged can be repaired once the sanctions are lifted.

Launching a First Strike over economic warfare is the height of insanity. Because the Second Strike would destroy the entirety of European Russia. It would be radioactive ashes. There would be no coming back from that.

Putin certainly knows that. He isn’t stupid.

1 Like