If I owned a musket

I see the title of this thread, and I hear Peter, Paul and Mary singing it.

Seriously… If I had a musket, I would sell it to a collector for big bucks.

2 Likes

You could have leased them to Charles Whitman.

I took a buck with the modern version of such last year at 60 yards, and finished it with a sword.

All that old stuff still works.

2 Likes

Smooth bore muskets were not; rifled muskets were very accurate.

What’s an m13?

Wow. I’m a dumbo. Meant m16. I’m going to blame my phone for that typo.

1 Like

Exactly. I’m still not sure why gang bangers don’t prefer muskets and swords.

Gang bangers?
Do you mean Supreme Court Justices?

No. Gang bangers, mafia guys, hired murderers, mass murderers. A musket and sword seem appropriate to me.

Yeah the patriot riflemen terrified British troops. Patriots could pop them off from 300 yards.

I was speaking of the smooth bore. Should have specified though so that’s my bad.

Like our founding fathers envisioned.

1 Like

Nice. Very nice.

What? And be bothered with actually having to aim?

Only a cartoon character could load a flintlock with the pan primed .

Actually, the technology of common infantry Arms was changing at the time of the American Revolution and it was a common vital interest to all sorts of folks. The Colonies had already produced a gun in the long rifle that was changing the game. It was a given that Arms would continue to improve. Well BEFORE then they had seen the first breech loading and rapid fire gun, expensively produced in small numbers as an anti-piracy gun in the 17th century. That is why they specified Arms rather than specific types of weapons.

But of course you know none of that matters and that is why you support 1st Amendment protection for only publications made with movable type offset printing machines … as the Founders intended.

1 Like

Chicago could be like a real world Highlander 2.

Aside: there actually was/is an M13.

Or rather there were two.

The number was assigned to training rifles. Specifically either (civilian designation) the Remington Model 513T Targetmaster and the Winchester Model 75 Target.

Thanks. This thread is turning out way better than I expected.

1 Like

Mind you, if you’d meant a M13 multigun (halftrack) gun carrier we’d want pictures and maybe a thread about the restoration with even more pictures.

1 Like

In fairness, H&K makes a pistol designed as M13 and S&W makes a model 13 revolver, but I assumed an error because were talking about long guns. :wink: