If guns make people safer why are they banned at the NRA convention

They shouldn’t invite anybody whose presence causes a violation of the 2nd Amendment.

Why would you?

And just what can the NRA do about it? Nothing.

Can you say stupid op? I knew you could.

What happened to straight answers?

Does not allowing carry in the arena prior to or during Pence’s appearance infringe on “The Right of The People”?

Again, who is “The People”?

Which would be a patently stupid move on the part of the NRA.

We would love to have Mr. Pence make an appearance and we accept that with that comes special security requirements.

There is no conflict between the two.

Can you find a single statement by the NRA claiming that the 2nd Amendment guarantees that anyone can possess firearms everywhere or under all circumstances?

You people seem to have lost any connection to reality.

Which makes the NRA hypocritical.

wrong post

The NRA has no control over the Secret Service period. There’s absolutely nothing hypocritical on the part of the NRA.

Both open and concealed carry at the convention. The venue is state owned and as such it is illegal in Texas to deprive us of our right to carry except in very specific situations.

I can carry in the courthouse. I cannot carry in the courtroom. I can carry in City Hall but not in chambers when the city counsel is meeting.

I can carry in the public areas of the police station but I cannot carry in the secured portions of the station without expressed permission to do so.

The barriers to legal carry in this state become fewer and fewer with each session of the legislature.

The NRA also favors keeping guns out of the hands of wackos which is why they keep pushing for changes in the laws pertaining to same, improved mental health reporting, adjudication of those who should be debarred and forcing states to comply with NICS reporting including the reporting of MH related debarrments.

What on earth?

Are children high risk targets for assassination?

To keep hoplophobes from wetting their pants at the site of your carry gun.

Still repeating left wing lies? This was a decision by the SECRET SERVICE, not the NRA.

Title 18 United States Code Sections 3056 and 1752, provides the Secret Service authority to preclude firearms from entering sites visited by our protectees, including those located in open-carry states. Only authorized law enforcement personnel working in conjunction with the Secret Service for a particular event may carry a firearm inside of the protected site.

The Secret Service works closely with our local law enforcement partners in each state to ensure a safe environment for our protectees and the public. Individuals determined to be carrying firearms will not be allowed past a predetermined outer perimeter checkpoint, regardless of whether they possess a ticket to the event.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/30048/secret-service-destroys-lie-pushed-media-parkland-ryan-saavedra

Of course, most on the left will believe whatever the left wing entertainment media complex tells them.

Definitely not. It would be perfect in fact for coat pocket, breast pocket, shirt pocket carry as well.

1 Like

Except the left wing media tells them so, therefore they believe it.

No Jo, at this point I don’t have any reason to think they actually believe half of the bilge water they eject on a daily basis, they just think it’s cool to troll as often as possible and at every possible opportunity to do so.

Of course. It’ wouldn’t matter if Pence was giving the speech to NRA members or boy scouts. The Secret Service always makes the determination.

Then by all means show us a statement by the NRA prior in which they say there can never be any limits on who carries under any circumstances.

I think they actually believe it. If the left wing media told them, then it must be true. The Associated Press actually tweeted about this and ended up deleting it. No correction noted though of course.