If guns make people safer why are they banned at the NRA convention

What happened to shall not be infringed?

Relax - it was a joke.

They could say something along the lines of - “Our core belief is that all Americans have the right to bear arms as stated in the Constitution. If this right will be taken away by the presence of Mr. Prence, then we humbly rescind his invitation. We would be honored to have the vice president in attendance, but cannot do so if it means giving up a fundamental right.”

1 Like

All the SS is really doing is making sure no one shoots the Vice President. Kind of hard to shoot a gun you don’t have.

And if the most effective weapon was a rubber band launched grapefruit, they’d ban those too. Like I’m sure bombs and tanks are.

naaaa. the dynamics are different.

more guns in the hands of good people will prevent mass killings. In this case however… one bullet, one shot from a wacko will have constitutional implications. Best to keep the loaded guns only in the hands of secret service.

This kind of post reminds me of those atheists who quote the bible in hopes of tripping up some Christian and destroying the faith of that Christian. It’s the same tactic.

That is my thought as well. What is more important to them? Having a guest speaker, or being consistent in their support of the 2A? :thinking:

I feel like they should have just stuck with their open and concealed carry for everyone there and had Pence speak from a video feed instead. Kill two birds with one stone.

1 Like

Agreed.

Or taken this approach as well. Either of those options would have at least maintained their consistency.

So there are exceptions to the 2nd amendment. I’m not sure what “constitutional implication” a VP getting shot would have since the lines of succession are all well described.

I guess if we can make one exception we should be able to make others too. Shots from wackos have taken out quite a few people, so I agree we should keep guns out of their hands.

No subvert tactics here. Just trying to see how consistent groups and individuals choose to be.

I saw an article somewhere recently saying that the next big problem we’re gonna have, as a nation, is isolated young men. It made me immediately think of how those men would eventually act out. I bet more and more will choose gun violence.

I like it.

Admit what?

That you are a fanatic.

So you’re fine with exceptions to the 2nd Amendment as it relates to elected politicians, but not children.

I love this featured product at the NRA convention: the ideal conceal. It’s a cell phone–wait, no . . .

https://www.idealconceal.com/

I’ll be honest, that’s horrifying. A gun that looks like a cell phone. Why?

Do I scare you child?

i’m sure guns can be made to look like a ton of things. some we probably don’t even know about.

That is definitely a gadget for the back pocket only.

Can you say you are wrong? Your thread title is fake news, and you are just repeating talking points from the left wing media.

And as for the NRA having a “huge problem” with the Secret Service, they have the final say when it comes to protecting the POTUS and VPOTUS. The NRA has no control or say about this, which means there is no hypocrisy. And the Secret Service has the final say no matter where the President and VP go, and no matter who the hosts are.

So guns aren’t banned at the convention, only when Pence is there, due to the Secret Service making that determination.