If Global Warming Is Real, Then Why......?

Yep. No worries. We are in agreement as to the context you cited. As a stand alone declarative statement it was wrong but in context it was right.

I know … look at the thread title.

shrug Threads drift sometimes. But I’m glad we agree that the anomalous small ozone hole IS due to a temporary local temp at the ozone layer.

You’re still not getting it. It is the ban on CFCs and Halons in 1989 and the phase out of CHCFs beginning in 1996 that made that possible, not a temperature anomaly in the stratosphere. The temperature affects the annual variation in the size of the hole, but it is not causal.

Yes, more arable/farmable land and increased food production are obviously very bad things.

Let’s hope it ends very quickly and we return to a long term cooling trend which will a perfect natural control on our every growing population.

It’s ok though, we need to weed out a few billion people for the long term benefit of those who remain.

Rest assured if there is a choice between the views of qualified climate scientists and your views, I will accept the views of qualified climate scientists over your views.

So …

You have contributed absolutely nothing to the discussion.

You don’t believe what anyone here has to say.

Then why are you here?

Because I can.

Dude, think about my use of “anomalous”. I didn’t call the temperature anomalous, I called today’s hole anomalous. Think why I made that distinction and we might understand each other better.

More frost forecast across the Midwest this week. It’s still October… probably the hottest October in 4.2 billion years with all this ice and water.

Lots of temperature variation but we still see the global average temperature climbing.

That would be optimal, but I won’t keep my hopes up just yet. Frost in October is a warning to prepare for freezing rain this winter. We had a pretty catastrophic ice storm in feb 2007.

I have learned from experience that freezing rain is worse than snow. I’ll take the snow!

Only takes a couple inches of ice to snap power lines and tree limbs. Everything looked like a plane flew through clipping all the trees. 850,000 Missouri residents without electricity/water for 14 days.

I had just moved back to Missouri that same week, rented a house in town, and just so happened to have bought 50 gallons of propane, because it was the first house I rented with a propane fireplace.

I had no idea an ice storm was coming until the sounds of oak limbs crashing down on my roof at 2am woke me up. Thankfully, I was warm for those two weeks, even if I did stink like I hadn’t showered in 11 days. lol

Never.

No, I called the temperature in the stratosphere an anomaly … because that’s what it is. From your link: “Similar weather patterns in the Antarctic stratosphere in September 1988 and 2002 also produced atypically small ozone holes …” Three times over four decades is an anomaly.

Do you now understand me better?

Anthropogenic climate change is the greatest hoax ever perpetuated on mankind.

Yep its not possible for man to affect the environment, things like smog, acid rain, etc are all hoaxes.

The sheer arrogance of anyone who believes that man is more than an ant on this planet! That man is more powerful than volcanoes and forest fires! Astounding!

1 Like

Your presence on this planet affects the environment … the climate, not so much.

2 Likes