If georgia is open for business why is the governors mansion closed?

The better question to ask is do you risk a chance that you spread it to someone vulnerable, who has a much higher percentage chance of dying if they get it?

…and petty people predictably grovel in pettiness. Please…carry on. :sunglasses:

We all understand that you’re just shooting in the direction you’ve been pointed.

dimocrats are ridiculous.

So why do you want the governor’s mansion open??

So our leaders are not supposed to set an example?

Like King George and Queen Elizabeth refusing to leave London during the Blitz and even walking around through the rubble?

If it’s safe…why is the mansion closed to tours?

It’s not a difficult question.

Why do you want it open if you believe it isn’t safe?

It’s not a difficult question.

How you feeling about pelosi and her expensive freezer and ice cream on a hate-night “comedy” show??

Refusing to get back to work in Congress.

She setting an example?

1 Like

It’s not about what he believes. He isn’t the governor.

The governor made a decision to open up Georgia, but the mansion is not open for tours. Why is he exempt from opening if HE believes it is safe?

Why do you want it open if you believe it is unsafe??

I can only assume you wish for him to get sick.

Congrats to BET and marysue for making this a ridiculously important “issue” that non-partisan idiots wish to discuss.

I want leaders to set an example. That’s why.

If they share in any risks maybe they would start making different decisions.

Maybe if Governor Kemp shared the risks he would have known about asymptomatic transmission earlier than just a couple weeks ago (same with Mayor DeBlasio btw…who apparently also found out about that late).

That governors who are saying “it’s fine to open up” while keeping themselves isolated says a lot about what they really believe, don’t you think?

I don’t want Georgia to open. Kemp does.

Except for the mansion of course.

Is this is a hard concept to grasp?

1 Like

Must protect Notorious RBG

I’m unessential, and I don’t take it that personally. It’s the truth. I don’t need to be frolicking around out there spreading a pandemic. It doesn’t hurt my self esteem to know that my job is less important to society that the logistic chain that distributes food and keeps utilities running into people’s homes. I already knew that.

That doesn’t say anything about my character, or who I am as a person because I am not my job. The small minority of Americans who are offended by the term might need to look inward to find out why.

If that lady is an ICU nurse, she begins and ends her shift with at least half an hour of decontamination every day. She has to save a 1-use disposable mask and use it all day or more. She’s not allowed to go pee, which means she won’t be getting lunch if she’s going to make it through the shift.

Those are just inconveniences though.

If anything, a nurse might feel particularly vengeful because she’s the one inside the room, who gets to see people die all alone with their family on a speaker phone. Nobody has infinite patience, not even healthcare workers, so I can’t fault them for getting enraged when they see people like this.

1 Like

Has Kemp opened the mansion yet? Shaking hands with the masses? Kissing babies?

Why do we have to make that choice? If unemployment is too little, if food stamps aren’t enough, if there is no assistance for mortgages that can absorb a temporary shelter-in-place situation–then it’s time to vote better. Safety nets should not fail.

1 Like

Guys stop pointing out that the governor doesn’t think that it’s safe enough to risk his own safety. It really messes up the narrative.

1 Like

10,000,000 people lost their homes during the Great Recession it didn’t matter how they voted most of the house losses occurred under Obama was it his fault? Nope once things rolling it’s like trying to stop a boulder rolling down a cliff with your hands.

Just like shutting down all these businesses no one knows the consequences but the IMF (Pretty Smart People) are calling for a global depression.

Send out The Replaceables!

That’s (D)ifferent

No…what she did was in poor taste and shows how disconnected she is from the rest of the country too.

News flash…politicians are tone deaf.

However, if we can question Nancy, we can question Governor Kemp…right?

If you’re outraged at Nancy, who while tone deaf isn’t putting anyone at risk with her ice cream, are you outraged at Governor Kemp?

Or…if it truly is safe enough to open up his state, should he not open up the governor’s mansion for tours?

Yes or no.

It really is that simple.

1 Like