If America is so unfair how is it that many of these Democrat politicians are millionaires?

That dem pols are flaming hypocrites.

Do I? Strange.

Wow…you’re catching on. I’m impressed this morning.

And you think the Republicans are not?

Not strange, arrogant. See the interchange in December when you insisted I was a millennial or some such.

1 Like

Are republicans demanding free crap and higher taxes to pay for it?

Well, in my defense, you post like one.

I agree and I credit this to NAFTA and all those politicians who allowed industries to move out of the country, taking these jobs with them but are able to ship these finished goods back in without any penalty of any kind. What “we” have witnessed over the last 25 years is the raping and pillaging of an economy that was slowly built over the previous 80 years. This has greatly reduced the opportunities for many.

And the second question is: If America is so unfair then why do they want to let in Illegals? To subject them to the horrible white man’s hare and racism? LOL

I oppose white man’s rabbits.

What a weak defense!

Why would think the test of hypocrisy should be whether Republicans imitate Democrats. Republicans are hypocritical in numerous ways of their own making.

You might ponder that the old wisdom is that “Power corrupts” not that “Power corrupts Democrats.” Perhaps when you have lived as long as I have you will come to recognize that.

I understand.

True, but this way is the way under discussion.

Another aspect of gaining wealth is that many, are unwilling to make the necessary sacrifices of their wants today, that if they invested those funds wisely, will have a much better tomorrow. The “I want it now” or " I deserve it" or " I earned it" mentality is the attitude I observe to be the most common.

Gerrymandering is a powerful tool of the elite. We need to repeal the apportionment act of 1929 and institute redistricting commission independent of their legislatures.

1 Like

What’s under discussion is the bizarre notion that recognizing that. system is unfair requires that one allow oneself to be victimized by it.

The only point I was making is that the intelligence to recognize that the system is unfair is coupled to the intelligence to recognize how to make an unfair system work for oneself.

I deliberately gave the example of Trump’s 2016 defense of his tax rate. He acknowledge the system was unfair and stated he was smart to take advantage of it. He was right. This has nothing to do with being a Democrat or a Republican… people will seek advantages, and many of them, like Trump are willing to acknowledge the the system is unfair. Trump feels no obligation to be victim of this unfair system, nor should he. Nor should anyone else.

I would like us to work to a society based on John Rawls definition of justice, but since I know that is a very remote possibility, I am not embracing poverty or failure while I wait for a just society to emerge. Like Donald Trump, that just makes me smart.

1 Like

“You” is second-person pronoun referring to the addressee of a statement. “People” is a plural noun referring to a group of human beings.

Nobody worth $12M needs to be telling me ■■■■ about paying more taxes.

1 Like

Charity begins at home.