ICE says Sanctuary City Released Illegal Immigrant Who Then Murdered 3 The Next Day

It wasn’t a “sanctuary city” issue that allowed that man to be out on the street, if you read your article all the way through you would have seen that ICE dropped the ball and didn’t follow up on their so called “detainer” with the jail authorities.

WHY ON EARTH DID ICE LEAVE HIM THERE FOR 51 DAYS WITHOUT FOLLOWING UP WITH THE JAIL-COUNTY AUTHORITIES???

From your own article: “The county said it adopted a policy last year of honoring detainer requests from ICE if the inmate has convictions for first- or second-degree offenses or is ordered deported by a federal judge.”

Middlesex officials have stated they informed ICE that their “detainer” did not meet the County criteria for holding Perez. They said ICE did nothing to ensure Perez would be held (indefinitely).

It is costly and logistically involved to hold prisoners in New Jersey jails, as in any State, especially in this case without any idea when ICE would come for the prisoner.

In 2015 costs per inmate, that New Jersey Jail spent $8,607 for housing Perez for those 51 days, just under $170 dollars a day. Does ICE reimburse State or Local inmate facilities for housing people like Perez who ICE wants detained until they finally get around to coming for them?

This seems to me to be more of a screw up by ICE and likely connected to the long term and ongoing problem with a severe lack of enough immigration justice resources within ICE.

Donny should be diverting military budget monies to fixing the problems with immigration courts and not towards his attempts to build some “big beautiful wall”. Leave that border building to DHS and the CBP who had already been working on it and on building what they feel best suits their needs at the southern border.

ICE, perhaps, was too busy imprisoning asylum seeking mothers, with their little kids, down at the southern border to come to New Jersey and get Perez from that jail?

2 Likes

It’s also a potential violation of the prisoners 4th amendment rights by the county… They incur significant legal liability by holding someone past their sentence…

2 Likes

:clap:

You beat me to it!

ICE is trying to cover their ass for failing to move on Perez in a timely fashion, especially after the New Jersey jail authorities informed them the “detainer” wasn’t sufficient justification to hold him.

Ayup!

ICE screwed the pooch on this one. That was obvious from the OP article.

If ICE shares in this, I want them exposed too. This isn’t about favorites, it’s about what’s right and wrong. It’s about what’s legal and illegal. I want all of our laws enforced, fairly, equally and equitably. Sanctuary cities work against the laws of our nation…period.

What law does “sanctuary cites” violate? Do you have refuse to honor all detainers to be a sanctuary city or just some?

Are the people they are providing sanctuary to here legally?

Are you suggesting that states/counties/cities should enforce federal law?

I’m suggesting they shouldn’t be provided sanctuary?

LOL… stop dodging and answer the question… Should states/counties/cities enforce federal law?

That’s right- it is a FEDERAL GOVERNMENT responsibility.

Now take the next logical step…

Ahhhhhhh…you want to start chasing your tail. Feel free my friend but IMO, sanctuary cities are an enemy of our country and it’s laws.

…and build the wall.

1 Like

Your opinion is irrelevant in the courts… I’ll assume you are okay with states enforcing federal law… Is it just immigration law or any law? I’m sure the state of California would be very interested in enforcing federal environmental law…

No, they are upholding the constitution. It. :clap: Is. :clap: Not. :clap: Their. :clap: Jurisdiction. :clap: To. :clap: Enforce. :clap: Immigration. :clap: Law.

Swing and a miss.

You clearly missed my point. You guys don’t care about Americans dying. Rational people don’t take you seriously when you fake outrage at 3 Americans being murdered by an illegal yet shrug your shoulders when kids are being massacred. So spare me your “people are dying” rhetoric.

This is just an excuse for you guys to attack and demean a group of people. Plain and simple. Trump is his ilk personified.

3 Likes

It isn’t the enforcement I’m discussing. It’s the trashing of it.

You got called out for your racist deflection and I didn’t miss your point. I hit it out of your racist implied park.

Then why aren’t you talking about ICE since they are the ones that trashed it.

Because if ice is to blame then he would have to criticize his cheeto jesus and since that cant happen he has to blame someone else…

1 Like