ICE says Sanctuary City Released Illegal Immigrant Who Then Murdered 3 The Next Day

Since when do we ignore the Constitution when it becomes inconvenient?

Oh wait, I’m talking to Republicans, aren’t I? Nevermind.

1 Like

Did he commit an act of domestic assault? Is he legally here? Was he a threat to society? Which law is it that you want enforced? Why are you so selective?

Why did ICE do NOTHING for 51 days? Why did the Fox News story omit that little detail? Why is ICE tweeting about this?

If we were genuinely upset about Americans getting murdered we’d start with our world leading rate of gun deaths. But since the right is OK with dead American-children if guns kill them, much easier to go after brown people.

1 Like

Sounds like he is a bad hombre and I want him deported as much as anyone else.

That doesn’t give anyone an excuse to take shortcuts around constitutional protections which are afforded to everyone in this country for good reason. From bad hombres to internet conspiracy theorists, we are all endowed with rights to protect us from government.

I think “we” can all agree that something needs to be done about inner city, youth violence. No matter what is done though, it will be deemed racist just like you’re implying right now and that’s a part of the problem. Be proud.

This requires study and planning before that question can be answered but to do nothing, is also doing something and that is NOT the answer.

IMO the answer is he should have never arrived so that this problem never had to be dealt with in the first place…build the wall.

So because of ices incompetence 3 people were murdered and now they are trying to blame others…

This is definitely trumps government…

2 Likes

Changing the subject already?

No one has any idea what you’re talking about.

The problem and the answer to the problem are the same subject.

…nor does the poster.

Nope. The topic is legal proceedings against individuals in the country illegally. Not border security. You’re 100% changing the subject.

Well yeah, he served his time and they couldn’t hold him any longer because of due process. ICE couldn’t take him because they didn’t get a deportation order from a judge (due process). It’s called the constitution. ICE neglected their responsibilities to go through the proper channels. Immigration enforcement is not the jurisdiction of cities and states.

Cities can do as they please (up to the limits of the law) as can property owners.
The city is no more responsible for the murder than Perez’s landlord.

They could have also gotten a warrant, which is much faster than a deportation hearing…

There was a sheriff deputy in Broward County who didn’t go in during the shooting and also didn’t break any law. I put the two incidents in the same bucket of feces. The accusations that ICE also didn’t do their part may have some merit. It too should be exposed whether or not they did or didn’t.

Exposed? It’s already exposed… They had 51 days to secure a warrant or have a deportation hearing… They did neither… They only cared about this individual when he murdered three people months later… They saw it as a way to attack Middlesex County and “sanctuary cities”… It’s a propaganda move on behalf of a federal agency… You should be outraged that a federal agency is doing this…

1 Like

Some of the post that were flagged … Wow there goes civility