I thought Democrats wanted more asylum claims?

majority of Cuban Asylum claims come from the Southern border, because its safer then trying to cross the ocean on unsafe boats.

America saw a massive increase in Cuban claim in 2019 due to complete failure of their economy, majority of those crossed the Southern border.

No one on the right wants mass migration just saying that Cubans fleeing a communist government trying to kill them fits the definition of a true refugee way more than those who come here work and send there money back home through western Union, those are economic migrants.

Umm, how did they get to Mexico?

NEW YORK, July 13 (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas on Monday told any migrants fleeing unrest in Cuba: “Let me be clear: If you take to the sea, you will not come to the United States.”

But Cuban migrants are largely flocking to the U.S.-Mexico land border, not the U.S. coast. And in a sharp break from his predecessor Donald Trump, President Joe Biden has been letting most in pending the outcome of their asylum applications, according to government data.

I had no idea Mexico was attached to Cuba.

1 Like

Its a lot easier to get into countries that don’t have complete embargo on you.

So, it isn’t any safer as far as crossing goes. Less so I would imagine.

Why would we care how people travel between Cuba and Mexico?

Well I looked it up, it’s a distance of over 1500 miles, so I guess only the wealthy cubans can leave.

The only boat going from America / Cuba are small personal boat.
The boat going from other countries / Cuba are large industrial boats.

which do you think is safer and cheaper.

Hmm, they are allowed to leave the country? Or are these large industrial stealth boats?

Oh I don’t know, human lives.

believe it or not,
Cuba does have trade routes.

Well if Cuba is allowing them to leave, not buying it, then fine, they can go elsewhere.

just because they have trade doesn’t mean they let you leave.

Its much easier to leave when their are people coming and going.
also Cuban can travel outside of Cuba though its hard.

easiest way to escape a authoritarian government is to bribe onto a trade vessel, its how most people get out of North Korea, etc.

How many poor people from foreign countries do you want to admit to the US to save human lives?

Throw out the illegal economic migrants and replace them with people who need asylum, works for me.

2 Likes

From what I am hearing they don’t have food, doesn’t leave a lot for travel.

1 Like

that is up to a Immigration judge,