I thought Democrats wanted more asylum claims?

I suspect that America will do nothing,
just like they have for the last 50 years.

The new law you originally referenced does. And can’t say I have never seen Republicans angry over peaceful celebrations that spill onto the streets, Generally reserved for violence and intimidation in concert with taking over the streets.

the three top countries for Refugees in America based on latest data are Congo, Syria and Burma.
I would say those countries are quite oppressive.

Yeah Cuban refugees don’t vote the “right” way so dems are opposed to them.

3 Likes

the one that lets people legally run over protesters without criminal charges?

I’m in favour of all refugee programs.
I simply pointing out the Republican switch of position in less then a year.

1 Like

If they are violent or threatening violence, yes.

“Mostly peaceful”. :wink:

Cubans already represent 97% of the refugees and asylumees accepted from Latin America/the Caribbean.

They’ll never be accepte(D) as they are.

2 Likes

And the Dems lost Florida in historical fashion in 2024! They have no clue how bad they are bumbling things right now! Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador have issues, but they aren’t being killed in the streets like in Cuba and Haiti. So heck let’s let in the people who aren’t being killed, while keeping the people out who live in countries killing their people! Mayorkas and Biden are racist opportunist clowns!

1 Like

Is BLM and their families facing mass genocide from tyrannical dictators?

Reverse it and we have Bidens policy!

It seems to be the case when the masked is pulled off. Trans is not that good in California with the R ticker attached to them and Hispanics are not so welcome if they tend to vote Republican.

It’s as if it’s all about politics all along.

Democrat don’t need lecture on refugee policy from the people that though Syrian refugees were all going to be undercover ISIS, so much they voted for someone who promised to end all Muslim refugee claims.

but I guess Republican changed their tune with Trump left office, now they are all about Refugees and meddling in other countries domestic affairs.

surprised no one is championing saving those poor White South Africans, guess they are not token enough for Republicans anymore.

though I do find the fake pretending funny, 5 years ago Conservative were applauding neo-nazi in Italy for taking their streets back from Muslim invaders.

1 Like

The Democratic Party actually does need a lecture on refugees if they are thinking of turning away people fleeing a communist government on boats 60 miles away to Florida. Syria is across the world with many safe places in-between it’s unlikely Cubans will raft it to Europe.

Cubans like it or not fits the definition of refugees, those fleeing political prosecution unlike those coming from the south which are economic migrants. The emperor has no clothes it’s never been about minorities (Which we already knew) but about politics.

1 Like

I never claimed they didn’t, and neither did anyone in Biden Admin.
There is no political prosecution in South America… what rock do you live under
Refugee quotas are set by Congress not President.
of those quotas only so many can be from a single region.

This whole “No Asylum for Cuban” is based on a Trump Jr Tweet.

Trump tried to deport 25,000 Cuban in his last year.

“Regime in Cuba will now threaten that a rafter or Mariel style crisis ‘is inevitable’ if the U.S. doesn’t stop encouraging protests & return to Obama policy,” Rubio tweeted. “We must not cave to blackmail & [President Joe Biden] must warn them that encouraging mass migration will be considered a hostile action.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/cuba/article252729473.html#storylink=cpy

Nice turning the boats away from Cuba when everyone knows they are fleeing communism not just hopping across the border to get a better job. It’s kind of funny how politically open this is. They have been trying for decades to turn Texas purple with illegals from the south yet will stop true refugees on boats fleeing death on the fear of Florida becoming perma red. What a hypocritic bunch of ■■■■■■■■

Republican spent 2019/2020 trying to deport over 25,000 Cubans.