I see the end of our country, the dying of the light

God is a concept. He/she never does a damn thing.

1 Like

I respect your theological position, but, as you are aware, it is not one that is universally held and many people believe God directly influences human affairs.

People who believe God enabled the election of Donald Trump (and there are some on this board, as you know), believe in a God who most certainly caused the death of fetuses in Sodom and Gomorrah.

Yes and every year for the past 2000 people have thought they saw all of the signs and this was imminent.

It’s fine to believe in God but he’s not a genie in a bottle.

41% percent of people living in NYC say they can’t afford to live there and will be forced to move. Yet, I bet they voted for democrats. Just like Californians.

I recognize there are many ways that people of faith conceive of God… I accept the variations here and that people should be free to believe as they wish, as long as they don’t try to impose their beliefs on others.

Hey, some people throw coins in a fountain. They can believe whatever they think is going to help them change their lives.

They do impose their beliefs. Cis women and LGBTQ seem to be the top priority.

are Republican big on rent control?

I think you may be right. My Maternal great Grandfather…my moms dad Worked with Edison creating filaments for his light bulb which was 1877 to 1880 or so. And Washington was a general about 100 years prior to that. My Great Grandfather died before I was born in 1965…My sister remembers him and she was born in 1962. So he was right around a hundred when he died…but that no where near puts him at the time of Washington does it.

you’ve read ALL books Written? every single one of them. Can you give me a brief book report on Winnie the Pooh and the Hundred Acre Wood? Or bow about the first book of the Guardians of Gahool series? Or how about the Tom Gorman classic book about baseball, The Umpire Strikes Back?

Or how about the For Whom the Bell Tolls, or the Call of the Wild. Or what about Catcher in the Rye? Read any of these?

Some do, but it is not fair to level this criticism at all religions. My observation is that religions that actively proselytize tend to be the ones’ whose adherents try to force their views. Among the major religions there are only two of those.

Shouldn’t your preaching be in another section called: RELIGION?

I for one do not want to hear any preaching in the politics section.

That’s hardly comforting. Religious people have to take out their trash and actively keep the psychopathic bigots out of positions of power.

Hey, I live in California and my mortgage and property taxes are dirt cheap in comparison to other parts of the state.

1 Like

Im sorry, but this all sounds just a little off the rails. I mean, your continuous claims that because you’ve read all religious text at least once, and biblical texts hundreds of times, has resulted in you believing that everything you’ve said about God is true since a little boy. You’re implying that God has shared his future plans with you… which is only slightly narcissistic because that would translate to you claiming to be a modern day Moses. Others have made similar claims… Koresh, Jones, etc… The only real difference here appears to be that they had dedicated followers.

You say that God’s children don’t steal or lie… yet simultaneously in this thread have posted multiple times “TRUMP TRAIN! WOOT WOOT!”. I’m not entirely sure how you square such statements given Trump’s propensity to both lie and steal. Notwithstanding the multitude of lies he’s told in the political realm, he’s flat out lied multiple times to multiple wives concerning his adulterous behavior. That doesn’t square at all with biblical text. Regarding stealing, just revisit Trump University and the dozens of lawsuits against his businesses preceding his time in office. Furthermore. simply consider the Fruits of the Spirit and ask yourself, how does Trump’s behavior relate to each?

If you truly believe Trump has been chosen by God, and is somehow Godly himself, your own devotion has completely blinded you. I’d encourage you to open your eyes…

3 Likes

Thats what ya’ll said in 2009

Most important election of our lifetime!!!

1 Like

Dangerousest April

2 Likes

According to AOC we have 12 years left, party it up.:balloon::balloon::balloon: