I probably won't ever buy an Electric Vehicle if Gas Vehicles are Outlawed in My State

Precisely…you have pencil neck apartment dwelling geeks making policies for us.

3 Likes

Alrighty.

I have a Toyota Rav 4 prime. Plug in Hybrid, since I didn’t think the total electric infrastructure was quite ready. I get gas about once every 8 weeks. Even though I plug it in, haven’t noticed any change in my electric bill.

Enough if that ■■■■■■■■■ In effect, if you are prevented from buying an ICE, you are forced to buy an EV if you want to own a vehicle.

1 Like

If only it were that certain. California liberals have infected much of the country … like a metastasizing cancer.

2 Likes

Used? In 2035

So it’s okay with you if we come along so long as we sit in the back of the bus. :smirk:

2 Likes

4 Likes

Yeah, but by the time you pay tab and insurance it’s going to cost me couple thousand dollars a year…for about 1000 miles?

Do the math.

I will happily buy an EV, when they make one with enough trunk space to lug around a diesel generator and 10 gallons of fuel.

2 Likes

I am down with buying one when they get bigger and go further, the tech is really picking up maybe five years now they will have and suv sized EV out that will go 500 miles on a charge, then I am on board. I need the bigger vehicles two teenage daughters and we frequently make long trips to a lake house. Right now that would be significantly bad ordeal in and EV I have no doubt they will make them bigger and better.

I need the bigger vehicle also because where I live which most probably deal with the same crap you can’t even see to back out and a smaller car is becoming more dangerous to drive with the abundance of large SUV’s on the road.

I honestly have nothing against EVs on a general basis. When it comes to practicality…yeah, I have issues with them.

1 Like

For those of us over 50, access to gas powered vehicles will likely exist during the remainder of your life or at least the remainder of your driving life.

For those of you younger than 50, particularly those of you younger than 40, you are going to have to accept that the day is coming when there will be no gas or diesel vehicles and even if you possess one, there will be no gas stations to fill up at.

However, by the time that day arrives, electric vehicles will likely be far more capable than those that exist today, including in towing ability.

I am sticking with gas vehicles for at least the near future (next 5 to 10 years). I live rurally and must traverse difficult terrain on a daily basis. Due to my remote location, I regularly haul heavily loaded trailers.

Electric vehicles (as they exist now) are not an option for me.

But they are evolving and by 5 to 10 years down the road that may change.

2 Likes

Same here I just need them bigger and go further then I have zero problems buying one I have no doubt they will reach that milestone one day. Right now driving in a small car in Fairfax country is playing Russian roulette every time you pull out you can’t see the road as everyone is driving and SUV and hell I drive one to and it’s still dangerous you just hope your SUV is big enough to see past the one beside you blocking the view.

Occasionally I see a smart car or Tesla 3 pull up trying to see past a Suburban to enter the freeway with oncoming traffic pushing 70 mph driving like there all on meth and they have no way of really seeing if it’s clear or not, no thanks.

I will get a new Tesla and ford pickem up truck.

New a new T anyways

How did you handle the transition to digital television? Do you just bitterly sit in your incandescent lit basement watching VHS recorded reruns of broadcast TV on an old CRT television?

By the time EV’s are the norm most of those who complain about them today won’t be around. So, have fun complaining, I guess.

2 Likes

Don’t know about him, but I handled it just fine. The Digital TV company gave me two digital signal to analog converter boxes for free. I still use one on my old Sony CRT TV in my basement. Oh, and it has a VHS player hooked up to it too. :wink:

Do you think Tesla will convert my Tacoma to EV for free?

1 Like

:rofl:

Seriously?

:rofl:

1 Like

Sure, why not? That turtle guy seems to think they’re like conversion from analog to digital TV. :wink:

3 Likes