I just don't get this about the USA response to the Ukraine situation:

Ooof.

Ok come on guys.

1 Like

I get what he’s saying. I don’t agree, but I see the dots and how they can be connected to support his position.

What I don’t see is any sort of reporting or statements from anyone in charge making this argument.

To me, that convoy is all part of the same army that is bombing civilians and whose advanced units ARE attacking – including civilians deliberately. That convoy has breached sovereign borders, and can activate at any moment. Waiting for all that military capability actually to start attacking before addressing it seems foolish. To me.

And @Striker840, thanks for this. I appreciate it:

1 Like

It’s also possible that there are intact planes, but they are pinned in (or maybe even under ground, which would likely explain how they survived) by rubble, or have no viable launching runways to get them airborne.

1 Like

Attacking.

Fighting back is not offense.

Yes, its called avoiding armageddon.

No problem, as I said I was just giving the puzzle palace logic as to why.

The response is based on the very real threat of a miscalculation and the difficult question of whether the survival of Ukrainian sovereignty is worth the cost of a war between nuclear powers.

Some relevant understanding of the battlefield intelligence systems of the opposing forces is needed. The Russian AWACs and JSTAR equivalent systems can look deep into Ukraine without ever entering Ukrainian airspace, or coming within range of the Ukrainian S300s, This gives the Russian Combat commanders a decisive advantage, as the Ukrainian armed forces do not have anything like AWACs or JSTARS. 3 Russian AWACs aircraft can provide radar coverage of all but the Southwestern portion of Ukrainian territory without ever coming within range of Ukrainian ground based systems. While we are surely providing intelligence to the Ukrainians, tactical intelligence requires established and effective integration between the collection systems, analysis centers and the warfighter. That integration does not exist between Ukrainian forces and NATO. There is also absolutely no operational security around the transfer of aircraft to Ukraine. If it ever happens the Russians will know exactly when, and from where, they launch and where they could be headed in Ukraine. You can bet the GRU deployed SPETSNAZ teams to have eyes on strategic targets long before the invasion started. One would expect the Russian theater commander to interdict the arrival of new air power by targeting their potential bases with long range fires (Iskanders with thermobaric warheads), preferably after they launch and are enroute. A futile hollow gesture, that fails before the planes can even fly a combat sortie will not favor NATO or Ukraine, unless one feels intentions are more important than outcomes on the battlefield.

As to all the talk of offense and defense, offenses involve certain defensive actions, as part of the advance and active defensive operations involve acts of offense to interdict the movement of the attacking forces and their logistics tail. Get out of the weeds and look at the big picture.

3 Likes

Biden does not want to start WWIII. His original weakness set the course we are on. He is a weak politician not worthy of the office. And Vice President Giggles is way over her head.

I pray for peace Andi pray for a strong leader. Right now I have no idea how we can make a course correction out of the jam Biden and his incompetent administration put us in. I shake my head at some of the crap that repubics are mouthing.

I have been to war and really did not want to see how boxed I we now are…

1 Like

Depends on who is fighting back, I suppose.

Strong leader. Oh boy.

If Biden made Russia invade Ukraine, then he’s a pretty strong leader…forcing the President of Russia to do something lol!

2 Likes

Today’s flea market find. Seriously. Saw this today.

Did you buy it? If so, how much?

That makes no ■■■■■■■ sense. Biden is a weak leader. VP Giggles is ■■■■■■■ clueless this is a ■■■■■■■ embarrassment, if you ask me.

The not giving planes to the Ukies is Biden not wanting WWIII. He and his ship of fools projected weakness and Pukin’ Putin did a natural. The real sufferes are the Ukies who thought Nuland and Biden had their back.

Lots of crazy talk from the left these days. Russia will probably be the victors in this eastern European conflict.

At least all y’all get your wish of $15 a gallon gasoline and china and Russia getting their prizes.

My real.prayers are for peace and strong leaders to roll back the nightmares that are unfolding. And yes I pray for the Ukrainians daily and for peace.