I hope to God and for the sake of our Republic that Trump is corrupt and removed from office!

Yep.

I can image that Mitch McConnell is furious (behind the scenes) that he’s going to have to have GOP Senators on record voting not to convict Trumps abuse of power.

He won’t be able to bury it like he did with his unconstitutional action of making the “advise and consent” call with the Garland nomination when the Constitution says it’s the job of the Senate not the Majority Leader to make such a call.
.WW, PHS

But would you still defend him?

It’s definitely the worst case and it’s the biggest political scandal in the history of the country and it exposes just how viciously corrupt the Democrats have become and how cowardly Republicans have been and many still are.

Didn’t your country have a sitting president resign in disgrace and was subsequently pardoned by the next president?

I know really, the DEMs investigating the President for abuse of power in trying to manipulate a foreign government into investigating a political opponents family for personal political gain for his reelection compare nothing…

Nothing I tell you to the minor cases of

The GOP 5-YEAR investigation and impeachment of Clinton or the GOP sending a break in squad into the DNC facilities under Nixon.

The mere fact that the people in the vote in 2018 gave power to the DEMs in the house so that Trump could be investigated is the greatest scandal of all time, not just in this country but in the history of the World and that’s over billions and billions of years.
.WW, PHS

2 Likes

That’s because Republicans actually have the character to resign when they’ve done something disgraceful, unlike Democrat Bill Clinton who had an affair with a subordinate his daughters age, tried to cover it up, and then was actually impeached for PERJURY. Not only did he not resign or was he removed, but the “morality loving” Democrats reelected him. Don’t know how your laws are down under, but here in the US, perjury is a FELONY and can get a person serious prison time, unless your name is Clinton. Then you can committed felonies at will and NEVER be held accountable as Hillary also demonstrated.

Found this gem in our local paper from David Brooks.

The indifference to the impeachment he found outside the Beltway bubble is absolutely hilarious.

I’ve been traveling pretty constantly since this impeachment thing got going. I’ve been to a bunch of blue states and a bunch of red states (including Kansas, Missouri, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Utah). In coastal blue states, impeachment comes up in conversation all the time. In red states, it never comes up; ask people in red states if they’ve been talking about it with their friends, they shrug and reply no, not really.

Professor Paul Sracic of Youngstown State University in Ohio told Ken Stern from Vanity Fair that when he asked his class of 80 students if they’d heard any conversation about impeachment, only two said they had. When he asked if impeachment interested them, all 80 said it did not.

That’s exactly what I’ve found, too. For most, impeachment is not a priority. It’s a dull background noise — people in Washington and the national media doing the nonsense they always do. A pollster can ask Americans if they support impeachment, and some yes or no answer will be given, but the fundamental reality is that many Americans are indifferent.

Fourth, it’s a lot harder to do impeachment in an age of cynicism, exhaustion and distrust. During Watergate, voters trusted federal institutions and granted the impeachment process a measure of legitimacy. Today’s voters do not share that trust and will not regard an intra-Washington process as legitimate.

Biggest political scandel trying to get a foreign country to try to interfere in a national election?

You think trump will testify? You think that man is capable of not lying?

He was reelected two years before his impeachment. Get your facts straight.

2 Likes

Just so I can judge the veracity of your claim are you able to provide a timeline of events leading up to Nixon’s resignation? It is interesting that you would go down the route of Clinton having an affair. After providing me with a timeline perhaps you could also provide a rationale for D Trump paying someone upwards of $100K that he supposedly did not have sex with?

Yes, there are consequences to lying under oath. We also have another import legal concept of sub judice.

Being old enough to remember the Nixon impeachment inquiry, that is really a big difference, at least where I live. The inquiry with Nixon permeated everything and was a topic of common discussion. Outside of this forum, this inquiry has not turned up once in general conversation. For most people, its really not a big deal. I think in part that may be because it is buried in the white noise of anti Trump investigations and impeachment :“news” that has been going on since he was elected. Its just a continuation.

2 Likes

That’s not it. When Nixon was impeached everyone got their national news from the same sources. Now, one side hears that Trump is an evil would-be dictator and the other side hears that he’s the only thing protecting us from full-blown communism. Politicians and the media have learned that dividing us is profitable.

2 Likes

Ah, yes, I remember it well. Woodward and Bernstein, the heavily biased lackeys of the failing, fake news Washington Post.

1 Like

No Obama’s Presidency and his Administration is the biggest scandal (and mistake) of the countries history, who actually solicited at least three foreign countries to unseat a duly elected United States President leaving the toxic corruption playing out in the Dem controlled HOR today.

1 Like

They are the founding fathers of the junk journalism we have today.

Ah, yes, I remember well their thoroughly debunked, Pulitzer prize-winning coverage of Watergate.

SMDH

Nixon wasn’t impeached, he resigned even before an impeachment inquiry got off the ground and he was pardoned by President Ford for any future crimes that his vicious enemies could accuse him of.

1 Like

If he was so innocent why resign? The deep state was in full swing back then?

So Nixon was unfairly driven from office by vicious enemies?

Now you’re not even trying.