“I am part of the Resistance in the Trump Administration” - Stunning Article in NYT

This is, frankly, incredible.

The Times today is taking the rare step of publishing an anonymous Op-Ed essay. We have done so at the request of the author, a senior official in the Trump administration whose identity is known to us and whose job would be jeopardized by its disclosure. We believe publishing this essay anonymously is the only way to deliver an important perspective to our readers.

To be clear, ours is not the popular “resistance” of the left. We want the administration to succeed and think that many of its policies have already made America safer and more prosperous.

But we believe our first duty is to this country, and the president continues to act in a manner that is detrimental to the health of our republic.

Bets on who it is?

I just came here to post this. it really is a shocker! Kelly? Mattis?

JellyAnne wants to be perceived as a hero now.

Kellyann?

Omerosa…

Beyond insane.

Given the instability many witnessed, there were early whispers within the cabinet of invoking the 25th Amendment, which would start a complex process for removing the president. But no one wanted to precipitate a constitutional crisis. So we will do what we can to steer the administration in the right direction until — one way or another — it’s over.

Pence…getting ready for the move up?

I highly doubt it, the author is writing in present tense.

That’s a good one. One day we’ll all look back on this and laugh.

Maybe Sessions? Pompeo?

Oh man, you could be right! Although it seems to me that Pence is being kept as far away as possible from the inner workings of this administration.

Trump can’t do anything to Pence, yet Pence remains silent through all of this.

That’s a true test of character.

1 Like

A senior official.

The Times today is taking the rare step of publishing an anonymous Op-Ed essay. We have done so at the request of the author, a senior official in the Trump administration whose identity is known to us and whose job would be jeopardized by its disclosure. We believe publishing this essay anonymously is the only way to deliver an important perspective to our readers. We invite you to submit a question about the essay or our vetting process here .

Pompeo sounds about right.

Ooh this is a mystery person, just like Deep Throat!

What a bunch of ■■■■■■■ cowards.

2 Likes

Will the real anonymous op ed author sign in please…

Anyone old enough?

2 Likes

I think Pence sees himself as POTUS in the near future, and doesn’t want to alienate Trump’s base.

1 Like

Actually, yes. Unfortunately I can’t read the article without paying a dollar or finding some way to cheat, but as for what that person says…if its that important to the country, come out and give up your lousy job and save the country.
Otherwise, I don’t really care.

This pisses me off to no end. They think they are doing something noble, but in reality they are allowing the cancer to grow rather than cutting it off. It goes deeper than just the amorality and ineptitude of Trump. They briefly touched on it themselves:

The bigger concern is not what Mr. Trump has done to the presidency but rather what we as a nation have allowed him to do to us. We have sunk low with him and allowed our discourse to be stripped of civility.

And all the while, he continues to drag us down to his level as these false heroes put a band-aid on a festering wound.

3 Likes

Right click on the link, open in incognito window. Read the whole article.

1 Like