I Agree With This Man

What in the world are you looking at. The new deaths count resets every 24 hours. There were 525 deaths on Saturday alone, according to yesterday tab. COVID - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer

1 Like

Trust me if I ever think I need a tutor I’ll call somebody that’s actually qualified.

Go ahead and panic I’m not.

Wow… you were reading that way wrong. It’s using GMT time, so it was counting the new day as only being a few hours long. The previous full day block was over 500 deaths.

The concept of exponential growth is seriously escaping you. The amount of people that are dying on a daily basis is roughly 10 times what it was a week before. What happens if there’s another 10X increase or beyond in the next few weeks? That’s what health experts are trying to prevent.

The eye of the storm is 100 miles off shore and you’re hear talking about everything as if the hurricane has already passed us by.

2 Likes

Please tell us something we don’t all know already.

In the last 2 full 24 hour blocks, there was a day where 401 people died and then a day where 525 people died. More than 374 people will die in the next 24 hours if we continue at the same pace.

I suppose conservatives denying evolution isn’t the most dangerous thing in this world. Denying climate change has dangers, but that’s something off in the distance… denying reality in the middle of a viral outbreak is outright dangerous.

3 Likes

And probably at least 10 times that number will die of other causes in the same time frame.

7,724.098833218943 that is the approximate average number of deaths every 24 hours in the United States.

People die from other causes, so why bother saving lives? Are you serious?

You know, I’ve been on this form damn near two decades and I’ve never made any such comment.

Is it some non sequitur comment? I mean, I’m wondering what’s the relevance? If health officials act to try to stop the spread of a virus to prevent a large amount of people from dying… why is it relevant that people also die of other causes?

The appropriateness of Any Given action is always relative to the severity of the threat.

We panicked unnecessarily, and that is going to cost far more long-term damage than this disease ever could have.

1 Like

Remember how important it was to build a 40 billion dollar border wall to save the lives of a thousand people a year?

2 Likes

A couple of hundred?

The drug violence alone that comes from our Southern border along with the opioid deaths exceeds anything any disease has ever done to this country, not just in one year but the last century.

2 Likes

and a border wall wont stop the flow of drugs especially opioids

It will make that flow far easier to control, and it will certainly reduce the violence that stems from our Southern border.

~1000 deaths a year = national emergency
what will be 1000 death a day within a week= no big deal

:man_facepalming:

No it won’t because that is not where the drugs come across. Better detection equipment at our ports of entry will make the flow easier to control.

Cognitive dissonance is a hell of a drug. Is this a crisis or isn’t it? What is Trump currently recommending we do? Do you agree or disagree with the administration?

2 Likes

What an amazing mind for military and law enforcement you have.

Here’s a militaryterm for you to look up, channelization.

When you’re up to speed let’s discuss this more.

The cartels always move their shipments to the easiest point of Crossing. That is according to the guys that are actually fighting the Battle On the Border.

2 Likes

The Trumpists arguments aren’t going to age well at all. Hospitals are starting to overflow in parts of the country and they still trying to act like this is some world wide hoax created by the liberal media. The CEC is wrecking their brains.

1 Like

Not me, the Border Patrol. They’re the ones who say vast majority of drugs.come through the points of entries