I actually agree that black Americans should get reparations

My parents, both elderly but healthy and still around, have told me stories about walking down the sidewalk in a Georgia town and having blacks cross the street so as not to be punished for being in their space as it were. That wasn’t a republican/democratic thing, that was endemic persecution of an entire race by an entire population. For my own selfish reasons I will add that being yankees and raised differently, they were horrified by it, they were only there because of my father’s military obligations and got the hell out of there as soon as they could. The Dixiecrats were guilty as hell of course, but an overwhelming majority of the population simply accepted that as “the way it is” for a very long time.

It’s not over among the Democratic candidates there quiet a few who support it.

I don’t blame Democrats of today for that any more than I blame Americans of today in general for things done by other people in the past.
But if we are going to have a policy of blaming people of the past, then it would be more legitimate to limit the blame to Democrats…based on that logic of institutions carrying the liability with them.

Ok,
Who pays for Ferguson? Watts?

Bernie should have to pay a lot!!!

“Allison Sharpton”

What’s funny for a lot of things money wise, is how many houses the Liberal Politicians own, and all of their assets, and yet they preach about things like the 1percenters. lmao!!!

If anybody deserves reparations, it’s Reginald Denny. They beat him because of his race.
Or Office Darrin Wilson. They destroyed his career because of his race.

Tamir Rice’s family deserves their son back.

Do Eric Garner’s and Trayvon Martin’s families also deserve them back?

Daniel Shaver’s family deserves him back.

Please tell me what’s wrong with his post.

The word Hannity is not contempt of host.

The City of Philadelphia and city officials were ordered to pay $1.5 million in damages for the Move bombing; the city settled with another $25 million in damages to victims and relatives:
http://www.cnn.com/US/9606/24/move.vertict/

I think that people who were personally damaged by Jim Crow discrimination, federally mandated housing segregation, etc. should be able to seek compensation from those responsible.

The Democratic Party had whites-only primaries in the South until 1965. Perhaps they can take the lead in compensation those who were denied the right to vote.

I live in Tulsa and we’rea already doing so much for reparations. We’re doing a documentary, spending tax money to dig up mass graves and give victims a proper burial. (Though I’m unsure about that last part…they are finding grave sites though). My city has some of the friendliest people around. Please don’t judge an entire city for something that happened in the 20’s.

We are. We’ve legalized medical marijuana, built a huge park called the Gathering Place, have tuition-free community college, and doing other things to attract people to Tulsa.

South Tulsa is a good place to live. North Tulsa not so much.

I’ve heard it’s a very friendly place now as you mentioned in your previous post.

1 Like

Two towns or two parts of the same town?

Tulsa is pretty cool. Gotta luv hurtz Donuts.

1 Like

It has nothing to do with reparation, it has to do with a failed party trying to buy votes.

You get the Irony Award. The biased dems lived and died dems. All due respect to your deflection effort.

If there’s a check in it… I was born a poor black child…

The South just magically turned from blue to red?

So does trump - a guy found guilty of racial discrimination.