Howard Schultz weighs independent presidential run, denounces "revenge politics"

Where did I say he worked for the government? I said he has been in POLITICS with no real job. There is a differenece my friend.

Politicians, at least the successful ones, draw a government paycheck. Hence, they work for the government.

GROAN!!!

He went to elite schools, and has only been a politician. In the two write up’s I looked at, it didn’t list a single job outside of being a politician he has held.

I stand by it. He’s an elitist career politician.

OK, I haven’t looked up his bio, but I’ll take you by you word. One caveat though. By going to elite schools and being born into the top 1%, is Trump not an elitist, by your definition?

Yet those are the same arguments that were given to conservatives who refused to vote for Trump in '16. We were assured that if we didn’t throw our support behind Trump then Hillary would win.

How’d that turn out?

Sorry, but I won’t be cajoled into voting for a Democratic candidate who I don’t believe in anymore than I was willing to be cajoled into voting for a Republican candidate who I don’t believe in. I encourage everyone to vote for a candidate they do believe in, whether or not they think that person will win. As long as we continue to treat politics like a team sport, we’ll continue down this toxic road we’ve been traveling down.

1 Like

This ^^^^ and all the nonsense that flows from and to it.

I’ll take someone who’s been a bare-knuckled alderman for 10 or 15 years over Schultz any day of the week. Chances are, they’ve had to be responsive and get ■■■■ done for people in the real world of potholes and traffic lights and public school repairs.

3 Likes

I’m not talking about Trump in any of my posts.

Someone called Shultz out of touch with the common man, and I’m pointing out even some of their “popular” people who are exploring a run are the same way.

They’re are and have been rich elites running in both parties for years. I, in my original response to you, was simply to point out some of your examples did not come from money. As such, they can hardly be considered “elites.”

He got a football scholarship to Stanford, a Rhodes scholarship to Oxford, and I have no doubt Yale paid his way through law school as well.

What does “elitist” mean to you?

Both his parents were executives at IBM . . . .So a scholarship to Yale may or may not have happened.

As a general rule, law schools dont give scholarships based on need, they give scholarships on merit.

The Rhodes scholarship is a pretty good indication of merit.

Still went to elite schools, and straight into politics and hasn’t looked back or held a real job.

What is a real job when you have gone to elite schools?

I just don’t see a Yale graduate digging ditches for a couple of years. What is a real job for a Yale graduate?

So, your complaint is that Booker studied hard and went to good schools - and chose to go directly into politics after law school?

Would you have prefered if he spent a few years working retail first?

I could seem some billionaires like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs if he was alive, and ironically Donald Trump being able to make a serious run as an independent. Howard Schultz is not one of those guys.

Does he really think he could get more that 5%? What needs to happen to him is for no one to volunteer for him or show up to his rallies. He needs to realize that no one cares about his “both sides are bad” campaign.

1 Like

I find it kind of funny. Of course the billionaire wants to cut social benefits he doesn’t need to pay down a debt he helped accumulate by not paying enough taxes to cover wars nobody really wanted.

Someone needs to bring democrats back from far fringe of craziness.

Oh never mind…let them have it. Meanwhile any sensible democrats that’s left should join Schultz.

We’re sitting here with millions of lower/middle class Republicans embracing an administration full of billionaires that have both no idea as to the struggles of everyday life nor the desire to learn. We’re talking about a campaign/administration filled to the brim with people who have repeatedly and provably lied to the American people about pretty much every issue since Day 1. Folks without principles or core values who flutter from self made crisis to self made crisis and who are so incompetent that we sit here in a fairly decent economy and the President has a 60% disapproval rating.

But yeah, Democrats are the folks who are crazy, right?

2 Likes