Howard Schultz weighs independent presidential run, denounces "revenge politics"

As the title suggests, former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz is considering an independent presidential run in 2020. One of the key factors he is looking at (and the reason for the independent run) is the “revenge politics” currently weighing down the government.

I actually hope he does it. This could start a conversation that needs to happen in the US about the damage the political parties have caused the nation. It could be a good first step in moving forward.

Full story:

The test will come when he starts answering questions and give’s his view. People will then see if he is a true Centrist, or if he is more left leaning (I suspect that just from who he is.)

He will have to run on more than “politics is lousy”.

He will have to have to express both his policies and how he plans on implementing through a partisan legislature. Even if an indi wins the White House, Congress and the Senate will be filled with Ds and R.

“This level of division sucks” is true, but not a political platform.

No. No. No.

Please. Please. No. Just go the ■■■■ away.

4 Likes

A genuine 3 way race dividing the Democratic vote, probably guarantees a Tump reelection.

1 Like

Why, what don’t you like about him?

Ugh. Where to start? A billionaire running for President on a platform of deficit reduction and entitlement reform in 2020. No thanks. No way.

It’s a vanity project. If he wants to save something or do some good, he should buy a newspaper or a magazine, fund it, hire real journalists, and let them run the publication without interference.

5 Likes

Antisemitism will rear it’s ugly head. A lot if it will be disguised as other issues.

NO MORE BUSINESS PEOPLE!! Tired of these people who don’t know their ass from a hole in the ground.

3 Likes

To be fair, I am not going to judge all “business people” from Trump, who played at being a pretend businessman on a TV show. I mean, if we were going to try that experiment, we could have actually found someone sensible and competent and conscientious. But I think we’re done with the idea for a while–let’s hope.

I’m going to judge all business people just as I judge trump. Unless they have a grasp on the laws of the land and the Constitution, they shouldn’t be running for president. Besides, they need to do what’s right for the country and not their billionaire buddies as Idiot Boy has done.

trump has set the bar so low, it’s buried six feet under.

1 Like

I see a too much debt it what he thinks. Any link to he wants entitlement reform?

LOL you sound just like the Mayor here and him telling me to focus my attention on something other than being on the city council when I threw my hat in the ring and was on the ballot.

This is the same guy who refused to have Merry Christmas cups at Starbucks. No thanks.

Hey, Schultz did a great job with his sports team ownership. [Checks notes.] Oh, wait.

That doesn’t qualify him to run a country. I would never vote for a business person, let alone 3rd party.

Wait. I was being sarcastic. He was a terrible owner.

Did you see my first post? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I support his bid…maybe he can give “some” moderate to left wing libs a voice. God know they don’t have one in socialize, radicalize authoritarian party called the democrats.

So I suspect all extremist will oppose Howard Schultz bid.

Beside…we’re members here advocating for more diversity in political parties?

1 Like

Besides it would be cool a local boy (Seattle) running for pres.

Do you honestly think these politicians are ■■■■■■■ rocket scientists?

1 Like

There are actually only two qualifications: 35 years or older and a native born American citizen.

1 Like