How would Trump be handling the current Ukraine situation?

Given Trump’s well-known views on the NATO alliance, his friendship with Putin, and his complicated relationship with Ukraine and Zelinskiy… would he be doing anything other than giving Putin a high five?

Love letters…beautiful ones.

4 Likes

He would probably say, "It’s the European NATO nations’ back yard. Let them take the lead, and if they are doing all the can but that’s not enough, then they can ask for US help.

1 Like

“Enough” for what? Stopping an invasion of a non-NATO member that’s already started?

So him sending lethal weapons to Ukraine and signing off on sanctions against Russia during his tenure is indicative of him having the hands off approach since that time. Interesting.

He would have put nukes back in Ukraine (the ones Clinton took out out) as soon as Putin started massing troops…

Then he’d put missiles in Taiwan

Trunp would have just let them take Ukraine months ago. He ■■■■■■■ said it.

Yeah, nukes (which were originally Soviet nukes) back in Ukraine - what could possibly go wrong? Not to mention the small matter of a non-proliferation treaty…

If the Europeans don’t care what their neighbours are doing, why should the US get involved? What have the Europeans done to help Ukraine secure the Donbas since Russia started their troop manoeuvres?

1 Like

The fact that war in Ukraine is heating up again like it was under Obama-Biden must just be coincidence.

Here is Biden downplaying the threat from Russia in 2012.

2 Likes

It wouldn’t have come up in the first place…now meditate on that Brandonites.

5 Likes

Trump did handle it from 2016 to 2020.

How quick people forget??

2 Likes

Like Russia and Ukraine was less volatile a year ago.

Brandon ■■■■■■ up by not focusing on energy the way Trump did.

Boo Hoo mean tweets.

Corona virus deaths??

Sure would love some Trump now.

Zelinski liked Trump and I think Putin respected him. Took nerve to shake Kim Jong Un hand. Brandon would never.

1 Like

America had an energy policy under the Trump administration that allowed for exports of oil and gas.
Europe depends on 1/3 of their oil and gas from die Russans. America now is begging OPEC for oil and Americans in some parts of the country are paying $6.00 for a gallon of gas. We have no bargaining chips, Putin will do as he pleases. J’Biden is an ■■■■■■■ and it wouldn’t surprise me if he, his family and cronies are benefiting financially from this whole cluster ■■■■■

3 Likes

Well, Russia was fighting Ukraine everyday in Donbas, Russia built the Kerch bridge, they essentially setup an embargo of Ukrainian vessels in the Sea of Azov, Russia attacked and seized Ukrainian naval vessels…Trump was able to say that Russian intelligence agencies should be trusted over our own, that Crimea belonged to Russia…that Russia should be let back in the G-7…he withheld arms from Ukraine in an attempt to get Ukraine to make an announcement that would hurt his political opponent. Yeah, good times.

2 Likes

“You know, the people of Crimea, from what I’ve heard, would rather be with Russia than where they were,” he said on ABC’s “This Week.” “And you have to look at that, also. Now, that was under – just so you understand, that was done under Obama’s administration. … Crimea has been taken. Don’t blame Donald Trump for that.”

I would guess a call with Putin and another “they speak Russian, okay?” But I don’t know what he’d do.

3 Likes

You are screaming over slobbering. It won’t help.

Well it’s not happening under Trump so one can speculate. What did happen is the Crimea was taken while Obama was president and all signs look like invasion under Brandon as president.

For what it’s worth I think it has more to do with this than anything else

only thug Putin knows why he did this under Brandon and not Trump.

1 Like

They had a free referendum in the 90s to be part of Ukraine. Of course they had a new one when they “joined” Russia and of course those are always super reliable or something

1 Like

Yes it was happening under Trump. The war was still ongoing under him.

Afghanistan withdrawal played a role i am sure…… in Putin starting to amass his military closer to Ukraine in March or April 2021.

Everything is Biden’s fault. Always. :grin:

1 Like