How will Biden's gas price hike play with voters?

And it will follow a major contraction in the hospitality, tourism, service and retail industries. Durable goods industries will also contract as people are forced to delay replacement of durable goods until absolutely necessary.

3 Likes

It is as if the federal reserve has been dumping trillions and trillions of new dollars into the economy.

The modern theory is that so long as the US dollar is the worldā€™s reserve current the fed is free to print as many as it wants.

Of course, the nuclear-option financial sanctions and the seizure of Russian foreign currency reserves are driving moves away from the dollar as the reserve currency. What could go wrong?

1 Like

Europe is phasing in new sanctions. Things are only going to get worse as Europe imports more oil and refined fuels from the US.

Of course Europe has been attempting to maximize the pain for Russia while minimizing damage to itself. What will happen when Russia retaliates with its own sanctions designed to maximize pain in Europe and the US?

I expect Russian victory on the ground will be followed by a Russian victory in the sanctions war. Russia controls vital commodities such as energy, food, and minerals. Wheat and oil trump McDonalds and Disney.

1 Like

Last time that housing prices and oil prices and stock prices were all out-of-whack like this was 2008 the backdrop was the Iraq war and what followed was bad . . . but not fatal.

Spinach was here and was predicting the world was gonna end,
I was ā€œSpinach juniorā€ and the result was not as bad as I predicted.
Stocks in Smith and Wesson and Ruger appreciated nicely.
The American right began remembering how to can food and smoke hams, and my dad put all his money into prcious metals and began looking for some land where he could have someone install a small water mill if necessary.
but

• we are still here and
  • most of us recognize all we ā€œlostā€ was illusory wealth and
  • the party out of power took over in DC.

As ā€œSpinach juniorā€ I was so wrong last time (I over-estimated the size of he destruction) I hesitate to make predictions this time but . . .I am tempted to make the same predictions and be the broken clock that finally got it right.

The next election will probably have the least number of participating voters because the stimulus money Brandon paid out will be gone and so that many wonā€™t be able to afford the gas to go to the polls and vote?

3 Likes

Didnā€™t the Kid Sniffer brag about that?

3 Likes

Incredible transition

3 Likes

If nothing else, the 20ā€™s are gonna Roarā€¦ again. :wink:

2 Likes

It sounds like you are saying stimulus money was temporary but the price hikes it caused is permanentā€¦

If that is the case, you would be correct.

1 Like

As others have mentioned, wonder why oil companies didnā€™t think to raise prices and make more money than God when Trump was President.

4 Likes

Which part is permanent?

Ah ok. Thank you. Itā€™s not permanent. Nothing in politics ever ever ever is.

Gas price hikes are obviously not popular but Trafalgar is a heavily slanted pollster.

The Democratic Party has no interest in solutions of any type that donā€™t bolster their own power. Seems like voters are finally figuring out that the DNC actually wants to hurt the country.

1 Like

There is nothing a president could do worse than war and inflation and skyrocketing gas prices.

Brandon hit the trifecta and has rejuvenated the idea of a Trump return.

Iā€™d be happy with a Republican control of Congress for now and see who will rise for ā€˜24.
In the meantime with control of Congress, some oversight especially fiscally can hopefully commence. That and maybe the frivolous Trump persecutions can end? Iā€™d like to see some of Jā€™Bidenā€™s inept cabinet members resign or forced out.

3 Likes

How do you force the average citizen to purchase a $60,000 electric car?

3 Likes

Solutions? To what problem?

1 Like

ā€¢ Inflation
ā€¢ Food shortages
ā€¢ Gasoline prices
ā€¢ Open borders
ā€¢ Election integrity

Just to name a few.

Time to bring back Paul Ryan!!

1 Like