How will Biden's gas price hike play with voters?

According to a new polls, the majority of Americans believe that believe Biden Admin intentionally letting gas prices rise to make us use less fossil fuels:

https://dailycaller.com/2022/06/10/poll-biden-gas-hike-green-energy/

Glenn Greenwald points out, the war in Ukraine does not help the American people. Nor has US policy benefited the Ukrainian people. The war has been about finding new markets for arms suppliers to replace those lost in Afghanistan and Iraq. See comments starting at 1:20:

Will voters turn against Biden’s price hikes?

As it becomes clear American policy is helping neither Americans nor Ukrainians, will they demand that the US work to end the war and the sanctions rather than continue to escalate?

4 Likes

The majority of voters are correct. Brandon is not only letting the prices go higher but is causing them to go higher.

All the while lying through his teeth and denying what he is doing. :roll_eyes:

They want to Force you into EV’s.

6 Likes

Well the good news is, Ukraine has pretty much lost the war at this point. If they have any sense they will sue for peace soon.

1 Like

I think Joe Boden, and this year in particular, has witnessed a significant and permanent change in US political science.

They have gone too far perhaps they always have.
What we are seeing today is in my opinion just a backlash I believe it is permanent (perhaps a pendulum).

From 1970 until 1920 a person in the poltical or public spectrum basically “had to” call himself in favor of environmental protection, (“I am an environmentalist but . . . .”)
Now that is no longer the case.

1 Like

most pro biden people are too brainwashed to tie biden to the gas prices. they’ll invent 100 excuses first. wouldnt matter if it even hits 10 dollars a gallon

1 Like

Yes, the high gasoline prices from the sanctions fit into the green agenda.

The average price of gasoline just past $5/gallon in the US. Greta will be happy.

3 Likes

Wonder why?

5 Likes

Brandon doesn’t have a clue. He is mentally unfit to be the POTUS. If this is being done purposefully, there’s another entity behind it? IMO…Obama is leading the charge.

6 Likes

only democrats and the left would support a president extolling the increasing price of gas and hit on the economy

but joe is being told the economy is fine, though so he really doesnt know, despite what the black lesbian press sec says

2 Likes

The White House knew back in February that sanctions would hurt the US and its allies while doing little to Russia:

The remarks underscore the Biden administration’s approach to sanctions that are intended to maximize pain for the Russian president while minimizing the blowback for U.S. and European consumers.

“If we target the oil and gas sector for Putin, and in this case the Russian energy establishment, then prices would spike. Perhaps he would sell only half of his product, but for double the price,” Hochstein said. “That means he would not suffer the consequences while the United States and our allies would suffer the consequences.” Why the U.S. Won't Sanction Russian Oil - Bloomberg

1 Like

That’s it.

Right there.

I believe that THIS YEAR marks the beginning of a radical and permanent departure in the way Americans view “the environmental movement.”

1 Like

Yes, as Musk says the real president is whoever controls Biden’s teleprompter.

The jump in world oil prices is helping to drive a massive surge in coal production in China and India. Environmentalists are playing a game of whack-a-mole.

1 Like

ICAM this is nothing but Obama’s third term and his toxic policies. The difference between Biden’s Administration and the Trump Administration is staggering and a real shock to the system.

4 Likes

Yes, a Ukrainian surrender is the only way the war is going to end soon, but that may not be enough by itself to end the sanctions. While continued bad behavior by Russia may be the pretext, the real target of the sanctions has been consumers in Europe and the US.

The setup in Europe will ban Russian oil delivered by ship. What that really means is that Russian oil will be transferred between ships at sea or will go to countries such as India before it gets to Europe. The result will be a large increase in oil prices with middlemen and shippers making large profits.

1 Like

I expect to see Biden video clips in campaign adds as gasoline prices continue to rise.

Unless the US does a rapid 180 in policies, gasoline could reach $10/gallon within few months. Home heating oil used in the Northeast will be at a similar level.

1 Like

+1

In 2022 dollars the following interim peak oil prices have been seen in my life time
Now: $122/barrel
2008: $185/barrel
1980: $140/barrel

The average US gas price is now $5/gallon so when you see $7.50 this summer the correct response is “It’s nothing new.”

2 Likes

Who writes this â– â– â– â–  for the cement head to read?

Guessing Ol Joey knows nothing of the “passing increased overhead to consumers”?

2 Likes

We are not even at a peak.

Peak prices (adjusted for inflation) were 20-50% higher than our current level.

Infl Adj. Oil Prices:

1 Like

The last spike occurred in June 2008. It was followed by a crash in oil prices as the economy imploded.

A similar scenario is likely later this year.

2 Likes

Well, 2008 also had a housing price spike . . .
then again maybe we have one now too.