How to un-rig our election process and restore election integrity

For those sincerely interested in maintain the integrity of our election process, a good starting point is to assess our current situation in light of a Harper’s Magazine article, How to Rig an Election . . . The G.O.P. aims to paint the country red, 2012, which takes a deep-dive into vote rigging in the United States.

Not only does the article recall New York City’s Tammany Hall vote rigging machine, “ . . . which bought off judges, politicians, and ward captains”, but also highlights “. . . the outsourcing of our elections to a handful of corporations that operate in the shadows, with little oversight or accountability. . . ”, and this has occurred without the people’s knowledge or consent.

One significant question mentioned in the article is: “Who controls the new technology of Election Night?” Another unanswered question being, “Why would someone who owns a voting-machine company want to run for office?”

Keep in mind, a significance feature of the article is, it was written long before our current politically inspired and partisan big media folk relentlessly condemn anyone who dares to question today’s election process, integrity or results.

While it is obvious the author is sympathetic to democrats, one cannot deny the clarity in which she demonstrates weaknesses in the then, election process, which today have not only been augmented and is exacerbated by the use of no-excuse mail-in ballot voting, but no-excuse mail-in ballot voting has flung open the door to countless undetectable clever ways for vote stealing and government perpetrated election fraud. Perhaps that is why so many democratic run countries have banned mail-in voting, LINK, and returned to paper ballots, strict voter ID and in-person voting as a rule.

JWK

The troubling truth about allowing no-excuse mail-in voting in one state is, when acts of corruption infect an electoral process in one jurisdiction “they transcend mere local concern and extend a contaminating influence into the national domain.” Justice DOUGLAS in United States v. Classic (1941)”.

4 Likes

I live in a rural area that I don’t believe election fraud is prevalent but I’d like to donate 24 hours to the cause of an honest election where the probability is determined to be high. I hope there’s a coordinated effort to insure this that’s well thought out and if so, I’d like to help. Our country is at a crossroad between what got us here and woke.

2 Likes

I fully agree with you that our country is at a crossroad. Hopefully the good people of the United States will rise to the occasion and confront the evil doers who are intent on perpetrating election interference and vote rigging, to accomplish their evil ends.

JWK

We are here today and gone tomorrow, but what is most important is what we do in-between and is what our children will inherit and remember us by.

1 Like

bad premise for the OP.

federal elections in the United States are NOT rigged.

if that were true.

hillary would have beaten trump.

Allan

1 Like

Wait - are we allowed to use logic and common sense on this board???

:grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

Is that your takeaway after reading Victoria Collier’s article?

I can assure you Victoria Collier had no intention, in 2012, to convey the message you project.

Seems to me, Victoria Collier, when authoring How to Rig an Election . . . The G.O.P. aims to paint the country red, laid out the very blueprint which the Democrat Leadership later followed in the 2020 election, and in key battleground states, while her accomplices in our big progressive sympathizing media, mocked any republican who asserted Collier’s identified tools for election rigging were being used in the election.

Aside from that, what is absolutely interesting to note is, the company Victoria Collier is in bed with at the National Election Defense Council, where she serves as Executive Director, and exhibits a list of who’s who in left wing activism, e.g., Rainbow Push (Rev Jesse Jackson; The Brennan Center for Justice; Transformative Justice Coalition; Public Citizen; Common Cause, and others to mention a few. And you, by indirection, project and attack her?

JWK

When the facts prove you are wrong, argue the law. If the law shows your ignorance, argue the facts. And when the law and facts prove you are wrong, simply make stuff up!

1 Like

you never see an answer from anyone to that question.

2016 trump got most EV and won

2020 biden got the most EV and won.

its the american way of federal presidential election.

win EV, win election.

been that way like forever.

Allan

4 Likes

:roll_eyes:

Talking about not answering a question, I see you have not yet answered THIS

Well, Allan? Is Victoria Collier a liar and making stuff up?

if she says federal elections are rigged in the United states, she sure is.

they are not.

Allan

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

Drop the “if” deflection and answer the question. Is Victoria Collier a liar and making stuff up?

See:

How to Rig an Election . . . The G.O.P. aims to paint the country red 2012, by Victoria Collier

if she says that she is lying.

federal election in the United states are not rigged.

i dont know how many i have to state this.

Allan

1 Like

Voting in person with an ID card.

Only absentee ballot are for those outside the country.

Period.

3 Likes

https://www.abc15.com/news/local-news/arizona-lawmaker-proposes-giving-legislature-not-voters-final-say-on-presidential-winner#:~:text=State%20Sen.%20Anthony%20Kern%20introduced,and%20decide%20on%20presidential%20electors.
"

A proposal to change how elections work. Resolution would allow presidential electors to ignore the popular vote.
By: Rachel Louise JustPosted at 6:52 PM, Jan 30, 2024 and last updated 8:52 PM, Jan 30, 2024
PHOENIX — A new proposal in Arizona’s Legislature challenges the very essence of democracy.

State Sen. Anthony Kern introduced a plan, known as Senate Concurrent Resolution 1014, that would give Arizona lawmakers the power to supersede the state’s popular vote and decide on presidential electors. The proposal, if successful, would be especially impactful as Arizona continues to be a key swing state in presidential elections. Kern, R-Glendale, was one of eleven ‘fake electors’ in 2020 who attempted to change Arizona’s electoral votes. "

They don’t even try to hide it anymore. We are doomed.

Who exactly are “they”?

It seems there is an intentional effort to deflect from facts, in order to promote universal no-excuse mail-in ballot voting, which in fact has two fundamental security flaws.

FACT:

There is no practical way to scrutinize a mail-in ballot when counted, to verify that it was actually filled out, and the choices made thereon, were by a qualified voter who allegedly was issued the ballot.

FACT:

Another security flaw is, there is a loss of chain of custody from the time a mail-in ballot is received by a theoretically legitimate recipient of a mail-in ballot, to the time when that mail-in ballot is counted.

Mail-in ballots should only be allowed for those who have a legitimate excuse-based need. By limiting mail-in voting to a legitimate excuse-based need, the total number of mail-in ballots would be reduced to a fraction of what is now the case, and in so doing, even though the opportunity for mail-in ballot fraud would still exist, its effect on an election would be greatly reduced by the reduction in actual mail-in ballots allowed.

JWK

The troubling truth with allowing no-excuse mail-in voting in one state is, when acts of corruption infect an electoral process in one jurisdiction “they transcend mere local concern and extend a contaminating influence into the national domain.” Justice DOUGLAS in United States v. Classic (1941)”.

1 Like

Bery telling that dems believe they can only win by cheating.

Arizona Republicans, in this case.

1 Like

How did you feel about dems illegally changing state election laws for the 2020 election?

ie when PA election office changed laws against their state constitution which states all election law changes must be made by the legislature?

1 Like

How nice of you to exclude people who are homebound or otherwise in too poor health to be able to handle getting to the polls and standing in those long lines.

Just to let you know, I’ll be voting absentee in the primaries as I can’t walk for longer than about 5 minutes - and that only with a walker - until I have hip replacement surgery. But I do note from this post that there are those who would rob me of my ability to vote.

2 Likes