How to deal with mixed family

It has been 4 years since my political conversion and I’ve made good progress in life since. The one thing that has confused me is how to move forward with familial relationships and hoped anyone had some advice.

I tried to make it work for a few months, but I’ve mostly cut family out of my life. Liberal parents and grandparents (now deceased) I cut off contact with. Mostly I’ve only spoken to a conservative uncle, but I think he may be telling family members about my life even though I’ve cut them out. So I plan on removing him as well.

My kids are tougher, because they are young. But they continue to be around a liberal ideology and considering their mother has refused to convert, I’ve had to cut them out of my life as well, which is saddening.

Has anyone had luck navigating these relationships. I tried to put their sins aside for a funeral, but I made the comment that my grandfather was in hell because he was a liberal and I was asked to leave, even though I was right. So I haven’t tried since.

Any ideas?

3 Likes

Aw Cap you’re the best.

3 Likes

1 Like

Don’t discuss politics or religion. Problem solved.

.^
I’d say embrace your new life and become a true neckbeard.

• Divorce the wife.
  • Give the kids up for adoption.
  • Rent someones basement and move it with a computer and high speed internet.
  • Embrace the keyboard commando lifestyle.
    .WW, PHS
11 Likes

You’re making all the right moves.

3 Likes

Thank you.

Cutting yourself out of their lives is a blessing.

I really don’t see how you keep this up. Or why.

1 Like

You should monitor them. You can buy surveillance equipment pretty easy online like tracking devices, pen camera and mics. That’s the only way to be sure.

2 Likes

If I were you, I would remove yourself from all things stationary (like a home) and buy an RV. Start following Trump’s rallies around the US.

3 Likes

I don’t want to live in a world where I can’t go to Granpappy’s funeral and express the simple truth that he’s writhing in hellfire for his lib beliefs.

5 Likes

Agreed. I’m not just going to sit there and lie.

Best post ever!

Never could quite grasp why atheists are so super offended by someone telling them they are going to a hell they don’t believe exists. Would they get upset if someone said they were going to Atlantis or Narnia?

4 Likes

Maybe it’s you and not them.
Yeah…you probably need to be by yourself if you allow political ideology to drive a wedge between you and your family. I suggest seek some psychological assistance. Don’t be the old crazy uncle no one invites to the family reunion. :joy:

Nah…I’d get a centrist housekeeper named Alice and give her the job of being the middle man communicator between you and the rest of the family. And if you’re lucky…you get good deals on steaks and chops from Sam the Butcher.

Pearls before swine, just like the Bible says. The holy will always be persecuted for their righteousness.

Stay strong.

1 Like

Who said anything about atheists?

I did.