How much sick liberal, woke racism is too much?

Again, he was not saying that slave owners should have received compensation, he is saying “it could be argued”. He is using that as an argument that no one should be claiming reparations. Not a particularly brilliant argument, but is a misrepresentation to claim that he was saying slave owners should receive compensation. That was not his point.
The issue about paying compensation to avoid the war was a different thing.

Title aside, he is not really arguing for that compensation.

Where?

Such as?

Wrong. What does the Constitution say?

I understand why the left is upset about Elder. Some people just can’t accept the idea of a black governor.

2 Likes

Meaning there are two sides of the issue.

There is not.

The losing side of a war does not get compensation.

Allan

I would be like Japan getting reparations for the bombing of Japan.

Or Germans getting reparations for the property lost during ww2

After all they lost property.

Losing sides get nothing except what the winning sides wants them to have.

Allan

A Black governor with wrong views.

That would be the same as desantis, Abbott, noem.

All white governors with wrong views.

Allan

“Wrong” being disagreeing with you.

I hindsight, I agree. But that’s why they call it hindsight. At the time, the South did not think they would lose, because they did not understand how dedicated Lincoln was to preserving the Union.

The leadership of the south should have lead and ended slavery on their own as the states of the north did.

Slavery in the form that it was in the south in 1860 was unsustainable .

Lincoln was pragmatic and wanted to stop slavery from the new states but knew the slave states had numbers in congress.

When they seceded they lost their power.

And with it their slaves without reparations.

Allan

Wrong being wrong.

Allan

I think we will have to agree to disagree on the subject. Disagreement between two citizens.

Any at all.

Ah. Here’s someone willing to let us know what is meant by “white supremacy” today, as explained by a white woke school teacher.

“The idea of just sitting quiet and being told stuff and taking things in in a passive stance is not a thing that’s in many cultures. So if we’re positively enforcing these behaviors, we are by extension positively enforcing elements of white culture. Which therefore keeps whiteness at the center, which is the definition of white supremacy.”

So a teacher keeping order in class is white supremacy. Now we are getting somewhere.

VA teacher says encouraging behaviors like ‘following directions’ is white supremacy | Fox News

Everything is eventually white supremacy to these lunatics. And the louder, more emotive and more abusive the Woke lunatic the greater their likely influence over others who act woke but may just want to be left alone (so they constantly virtue signal in hopes of not being turned on). It’s an irrational system driven to whatever extreme is considered “woke” enough at the moment.

1 Like

https://www.deviantart.com/rjdetonador97/art/Funny-meme-5-713220443

Again … hindsight.

You disagree that compensation slave owners after the civil war is wrong?

“Wrong”? What does the Constitution say?