How much money did we waste with syria?

It isn’t our president mindlessly running off at the mouth on this board with zero actual facts to support what he’s claiming.

I think I’ll name this horse Trigger.

1 Like

The most wanted austere religious scholar in the world is dead. Trump got heem.

1 Like

Sometimes I like to follow a trend.

So you believe betraying our allies was totally justified?

And you clearly haven’t read all the news coverage of the case. The operation was pushed forward because Trump had messed everything up with his precipitate betrayal of the Kurds, and withdrawal of our screening forces.

Then of course he puts them back to protect the oil…so much for getting us out of that endless war which was his initial excuse.

Sheesh. The facts are so clear. There’s some major head in the sand denial going on here.

2 Likes

There’s plenty of facts on view for those who actually read the news coverage, watch the press conferences, etc.

According to this article, Trump forced the raid to go ahead earlier than planned.

But while Baghdadi’s death marks a blow to the group, the Islamic State still poses a threat in Syria, particularly since hundreds of its fighters and their family members escaped detention during a Turkish-backed incursion this month that upended months of relative calm in the northeastern part of the country, officials and experts said.

and

The SDF spent five months working with the U.S. government to gather intelligence on Baghdadi’s whereabouts, according to Kurdish and U.S. officials. Gen. Mazloum Abdi, the SDF commander, was the only foreigner to know about the target, he told Foreign Policy through a translator. His account was confirmed independently by the senior U.S. official.

The operation was delayed for a full month by Turkey’s military activity at the border and the subsequent incursion into northeastern Syria, Mazloum said. Ankara moved into Syria days after Trump withdrew U.S. forces from the border in early October, a move that was widely seen as a green light for the Turkish operation.

“Trump rejected [intelligence community] assessments and spilled classified intelligence, cut off our military operations at its knees with unplanned decisions like Syria, repeatedly treated Iraq with indifference, and appeared ready to throw out the relationship with the SDF only a few weeks ago,” Stroul said.

I’m impressed that soldiers were carrying DNA testing kits and a sample of this guy’s DNA too. Just in case they needed it. And did the testing right there in the tunnel!

Baghdadi dragged three of his children into a tunnel before detonating a suicide vest, killing himself and the children, Trump said. Though his body was “mutilated” by the blast and the tunnel collapse, on-site test results “gave certain immediate and totally positive identification, it was him,” Trump said.

We knew where he was for months.

They blew a hole and didnt go through the front door.

No he did it on live tv for 45 minutes.

1 Like

Please quote the post in which I stated that.

Read your own quotes.

The operation was delayed for a full month by Turkey’s military activity at the border and the subsequent incursion into northeastern Syria, Mazloum said. Ankara moved into Syria days after Trump withdrew U.S. forces from the border in early October, a move that was widely seen as a green light for the Turkish operation.

He actually had the facts, we still don’t have more than a very basic outline.

Lololol…ok rose…

1 Like

Just nod and smile. It’s the polite thing to do.