How many devastating climate predictions have now been proven false?

That’s like predicting sea level is going to go up when it’s low tide.

That’s what happens when you start your data at the low point on a graph of a wave form.

Details. Don’t bog me down in details. I’m a big picture guy. Like the President. BUILD THE WALL!

If man were not here, would there still be warming?

Yeah…an ice age was predicted too and that didn’t happen.

Probably not. We were in a long term cooling trend prior to the Industrial Age.

Sure thing dude.

Oh did it? Wow…I missed it.

It didn’t. The problem is there never was any significant group who predicted cooling. Maybe you believe there was because that’s what you’ve been told.

Seeing as how the earth hasn’t hit the peek high from the last warming (or the one before it), I don’t think that’s a correct assumption.

What is causing today’s warming?

What caused the warming periods of the past?

We haven’t hit the peak from the last warming? Are you sure? Even if we haven’t hit the peeks from the last warming, how does that invalidate the assumption?

Milankovich cycles.

Do you agree or disagree this chart fairy represents the past warming and cooling cycles of the earth, and that at the end of the graph it is no where near the high point before it? or that there are two others that are higher as well?

temponemill

http://www.co2science.org/subject/other/clim_hist_2million.php

Without an apples to apples comparison of temperature data, it’s extremely difficut to know. And by apples to apples I mean this: Today there is sat data from different layers of the atmosphere and thousands of locations at ground level. Looking back at the last peak, it’s only from ice core and earth core samples.

If you look at the graph, what caused the sudden increase in the high peeks previously?

And?

It’s hard to agree or disagree since this graph is completely unsourced. Furthermore, we do not have any idea when the last point on the graph is. There’s not even a scale on the y axis.

I think it’s pretty well a consensus that we’d been in a long term global cooling trend prior to industrialization.

Milankovich cycles seem to correlate well to the periodic glaciation.

And what? That’s the answer.

More information on the graph and gives the y axis scale.

And I ask again, what caused the interglacial high temps to increase over time WITHOUT man being around? Could it happen again without any intervention from man? With a past history of it happening what is the undisputible proof that man is causing the so called extreme warming now/

Take a look at 400k and 600k years ago. Why where there downward trends, then back up until a certain point then it cooled and kept cooling? Couldn’t the cooling trend followed by warming, according to the graph, be “normal”.

What deniers ignore is that climate change 100% affects the production of food, civilizations have risen and fallen because of this.

There is no denying that climage change affects production of food and civilzation.

Would it have effected it the last interglacial peek? Remember man had no influence on that one, or the one before, or the one before . . . and on and on.

all of them… But leftist have real shot memories. Their leaders know this…

I’m more worried about the slowing of sun spots and solar winds. Might be a little ice age in a few decades…