How many devastating climate predictions have now been proven false?

Over the past few decades there have been predictions that by year XXXX there will be such and such consequences if we don’t take drastic measures. The newest one is that if we don’t take drastic measures there will be essentially no turning back:

“The world’s leading climate scientists have warned there is only a dozen years for global warming to be kept to a maximum of 1.5C, beyond which even half a degree will significantly worsen the risks of drought, floods, extreme heat and poverty for hundreds of millions of people.”

There have been other predictions in the past as well. Here is an article talking about predictions Al Gore got wrong:

I know that there are others here who are more knowledgeable about this than me and I was looking to get input from others here on what other predictions made decades ago have now been proven false and what are your thoughts on this most recent one?

The Democratic Politicians have been saying that it was going to be the end of the world through Global Climate Change for quite some time. Personally, I just
think that the Democratic Politicians enjoy riling up Americans, and having them worry about everything. “It’s the End of the World Every Single Day!!!”

Sooner than later it just gets old hearing their lies.
It’s ok for Democratic Politicians to fly around in their private jets, and drive
their gas guzzling cars even though they supposedly care about “Fake Global Warming” that they made up for the money.

However long Humans have been on this Earth and Democrat Politicians honestly
think that humans have hurt Earth more than natural disasters like Volcanoes, Hurricanes, Eroding, Tornado’s Etc.? Wow! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Sorry bro- Climate Change is real. Last year was the 4th warmest year on record. We also had the worst fires on record in California and Australia.

1 Like

How long is “on record”?

2 Likes

A summer in the southern hemisphere like none other;

I was a skeptic for a long time, but the evidence just keeps pouring in.

Evidence of what? We have have seasons?

Evidence that climate change is real and irrefutable and can be largely traced to CO2 emissions.

The article stated 2016 was the warmest recorded on record. First question how long ago did we start recording tempetatures? Second question why wasnt 2017 or 2018 warmer than 2016?

Much of that article is easily refutable.

The statement “the climate is changing at a more rapid pace than ever before” is mathematically impossible to know. Not with the margins of error on our method of dating things in ancient history.

Co2 has been higher historically.

Sea ice has been less historically.

Sea temps haven’t been measure with any degree of accuracy for more than a few decades.

Every single thing in thier “irrefutable list” is quite easily refuted, but not disproven. It’s called “faith” at this point.

1 Like

I’ve been following this ■■■■ for at least as long as you have and I’ve seen and taken part in discussions that went to multiple hundreds of replies with absolute gobs of scientific arguments with quality links provided by both sides. I’m stepping out of this one, I just can’t justify the time it would take, to myself. LOL, this is not an admission or surrender, I’m just not doing it and shouldn’t have posted here in the first place since I wasn’t really feeling the passion to get involved. Sorry to have wasted your time.

1 Like

Last 150 years or so. Record forest fires in California and Australia. You know- exactly what was predicted.

No wonder we have been very cold in the U.S. this winter. All of that Global warming has recently gone to the southern hemisphere.

2016 was a strong El Niño year.

1 Like

So… “on record” is only a gnat fart in history, and happened to start at the low point of temperatures.

2 Likes

Of course the modern record- what does our geological history have to do with how rapid modern temperature rise is imperiling human existence?

I believe it’s real but I don’t believe governments give a rat’s rear except as a road to additional tax revenue. The pollution problems that aren’t being addressed and regulated are largely in China and India. The pollution regulations that they don’t have to follow, provides the cheap goods at Walmart. Consumers can save a few pennies…all while complaining about the world’s climate and our very own economy. Yeah…it all makes perfect sense.

Read up on the Dupont pollution scandal. Not climate related, but much more dangerous in some ways.

Oh…I’m sure. In North Carolina Duke Energy has “ponds” of pollution and they are right next to rivers. If you remember, North Carolina had some major flooding several months back. Guess what happened to one of those ponds?

Thanks though…and I will.

A friend of mine lives outside of Raleigh and yes, I’ve heard tons about the rain they got last year. 99 percent of the world’s population has Dupont chemicals in their bloodstream and Dupont knew it was happening the entire time of production and knew the risks.

Personally I don’t know if I’ve ever considered myself a skeptic of the notion that certain industrial activity can have negative environmental consequences although I am skeptical of how accurately one can make future predictions.