How lockdowns are likely to kill millions

The problem with charity is we get to decide who is deserving. :joy:

3 Likes

No economy can survive a shutdown like this. None.

I already closed one business permanently, not because it was on the brink before, but because nobody is buying unless it’s sold for less than I paid for it, & the operating costs are ongoing. I have no mortgage or debt on the business, & still can’t keep it going. We would hang on, but we sold the entire inventory that we also didn’t owe anything on at a huge loss just to stay afloat & also out of the knowledge prices won’t recover soon, going down every week. No demand. We sold before it was worth less than half.

This business won’t be viable for some time, because the recovery time is going to take a while for the economy. You can’t cut the economy off at the knees, scare everyone into going nowhere, spend nothing, & throw 30 million out of work & expect a fast recovery.

A lot of people lost their retirement. A lot of people lost everything. Just re-starting won’t un-lose it all for them, it’s a permanent setback.

The one thing I have to fall back on is my farm. I have a home with no mortgage, & can grow enough for us plus a lot to sell. Not as good an income, but it’s an income. Many others aren’t so fortunate, including those who are so TDS they think it’s great if the economy goes down if it might defeat Trump. They have a huge awakening coming, they will starve. It won’t be about Trump after that.

1 Like

Hate to see that, by September we’ll be well on the way towards recovery unless we see a similar cascade of SB’s that just can’t hang on.

3 Likes

Thanks
We can’t afford the overhead till Sept. We decided to just close for now. Perhaps later re-open, I doubt even with a general recovery it will be a profitable business here for some time. We are thinking of just renting the property. It won’t come close to what the business could do, but better than nothing.

Did you try going through SBA for the PPA funds?

1 Like

No good for us, we have no employees, a true “Mom & Pop” business. They give that for keeping employees going.

No, even sole proprietors are eligible, all you have to do is keep writing yourself paychecks.

I’d encourage you to go to the SBA website and give it a look.

2 Likes

There really isn’t.

We flattened the curve.

Show some appreciation for that and get out of the way of the Unessentials.

2 Likes

That would not be liberty at all.

No.

I would suggest they find a place more suitable to their ideals.

1 Like

You bet.

The peril being generated will be far worse than the CCPV.

1 Like

Sorry not buying it.

That’s not tyranny. And it’s not even new.

Operating a hair salon now is no different than operating one during the second world war. That generation was able to follow basic instructions for civil defense against an airborne enemy, so there’s no reason why today’s generation can’t do the same against a very small airborne enemy.

1 Like

The curve has been flattened.

There is no goal beyond mitigation.

You will not infringe on liberty.

I have donated to Shelly Luther’s gofundme and I suggest others do the same.

She is a genuine hero for standing up to a crooked judge.

:man_judge:t3:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about your business - what was it, if you don’t mind? I seem to remember you being an antique dealer, or maybe it was collectable toys?

Anyway, just a heads up, and maybe it’s too late - the PPP payroll loan program is worth looking into if you W2 yourself and any employees. The funds may have been tapped out again, I don’t know.

But best of luck and good luck with the farm.

1 Like

A hero? Lol.

She’s as selfish and reprehensible as coastal civilians who preferred aiding German Uboat attacks right off our shores just to protect tourist season.

Screen-Shot-2017-04-05-at-11.04.08-AM

And we know for sure that this selfishness got seamen killed, thanks to accounts from the Germans who were killing them.

“I sank this tanker. It was four miles off the coast,” he says. "When the tanker was burning, all the motorcars came to the coast, and we saw them, all with full lights.

"There was no blackout. I could see the big wheel [the Ferris wheel] in the amusement park and all the lights and the motorcars and the hotel in full light.

“It was very easy for me,” he says. “I could see the ship silhouetted against the lights.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-1992-11-02-1992307117-story,amp.html

She is a hero standing up to tyrants like the resistance did to the fascist invaders.

She provides a service that people need. People were cooperating.

We will fight in every way and with everything we have to be free.

You are on the wrong end of this.

:man_judge:t3:

2 Likes

Hip, hip
hoooooooooraaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
amirite?

BREMEN, Germany – The old U-boat commander is still tall, erect and elegant. He’s charming and affable. But he’s not one bit apologetic about sinking about two dozen American and Allied ships during World War II up and down the East Coast.

3 Likes

Like gay marriage?

You’re not going to win this argument.

Shorter conan: “Forcing a salon to shutter in the middle of a pandemic is essentially Nazism.”

And support ■■■■■■■■ policies that affect them.