How is your sandwich heated at Subway?

I actually didn’t assume you did. You reminded me of the soup nazi in a Seinfeld episode. So that reminded me of a line from the character Newman. “If you like her, that’s all that matters”.

The Wendy’s at 125 University Way SW in Atlanta had one glorious night when they outdid Burger King on char broiled beef. They are temporarily closed according to Yelp.

That Wendy’s got what it deserved!

I was never one to believe in the conspiracy theory that the government was trying to dumb down society. Now I’m not too sure. If there’s any truth to it, they’ve gone too far.

Well i was talking about eating at Subway though i might not have made that clear.

I’ve cut back on carbs so the huge bread involved i just avoid anymore.

I had a Jersey Mike’s once i think but don’t really remember much about the sub.Never tried a Blimpy.

No problem. I was just pointing out that Subway doesn’t have your typical sandwich bread like most places. Jersey Mike’s and Blimpy, like most independent sub places use your usual fluffy bread for a sub. Subway does not. It’s not nearly as much bread. I only mentioned it because you said these things have a lot of bread and I was thinking you were talking about a different place.

But I get you, it’s still a lot of bread.

Less bread would be good. I might check the carb difference. I would love a 6 inch sub of some sort once in a while.

Subway has multiple bread choices. Some you might like. You can definitely get a light variety. It’s nothing like the usual sub bread of the 80s and 90s that most places continue to use. I like all of that bread.

Publix won an award for best sub sandwich in the entire USA. I don’t know about that, but they’re the best in my town. :blush:

I’ve seen them heat meat without toasting the bread.

I used to get their seafood salad sandwich and wraps but they discontinued them. I like their potato soup but it’s hard to find.

Seafood. Have to be careful with that. Someone probably got sick or got a parasite. Places by me have wraps of just about anything. Not seafood.

Eh it was that seafood salad mix with fake crab meat found in all meat departments. No more dangerous than mayo in chicken salad. My thoughts were they cut it out due to lack of interest. Either way I missed it once it was removed.

Publix subs aren’t bad. :+1:

I’ve never heard of them. Probably because there’s only one in the entire state of NJ.

There’s a bunch of them in Tn.

Publix is expanding out of their traditional southern base.

Should be a hoot when a Publix goes into direct competition with a Wegmans.

https://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/news/2016/08/08/wegmans-ceo-its-kind-of-sad-to-compete-with-publix.html

Richmond was the first skirmish, when Wegmans opened its first store there at the same time Publix bought out a number of a different grocer’s stores.

I typically shop at Wegmans when I am in Pennsylvania. Neither Wegmans or Publix is present in Mount Airy North Carolina, so it is either Food Lion, Walmart Supercenter or Aldi’s.

Wait a minute, what is a Publix? If it’s being compared to a Wegmans then it’s not your typical sub place. I don’t go into places like Wegmans for a sub.

You’re in Jersey, and you’ve got a ton of good local sub places, so that makes sense. Wegman’s is going to be better than most any chain, though, so for many regions, it’s a logical go-to. You’re not finding high end capicola or Italian sausage, for example, at a Blimpie, and you know Wegmans is baking delicious bread every morning.

You’re right about the chain stores. It’s like Dominos or Pizza Hut up in north Jersey. I don’t know how they stay in business.

It’s just that Wegmans is like a superstore. We have one in central Jersey and I’ve been to it once. If I want bread, I can just go to my local bakery.