How does the US actually rank in mass shootings Per Capita?

Really interesting article.

Of the 97 countries where we identified mass public shootings, the U.S. ranks 64th per capita in its rate of attacks and 65th in fatalities. Major European countries, such as Norway, Finland, France, Switzerland and Russia, all have at least 25 percent higher per capita murder rates from mass public shootings.

While Americans are rightly concerned by the increased frequency and severity of mass public shootings, the rest of the world is experiencing much larger increases in per capita rates of attack. The frequency of foreign mass public shootings since 1998 has grown 291 percent faster than in the U.S.

You’d never believe this to be the case listening to the histrionics of the Anti Gunners and Mainstream US Media.

…and yet another school shooting just yesterday, in a California gun free zone. Now ask, was an “assault weapon” used? This problem isn’t with the weapon, it’s with the shooter and their history of what brought them to this point. Mental health needs to be examined and addressed. I don’t know the answer but that’s the problem.

And centgov gun free zone

64th place, behind the likes of Sweden, Norway, Switzerland, etc.?

1 Like

64th? That can’t be true. According to the MSM the US is one tiny step above Mogadishu.

1 Like

The libs must be boycotting this thread because it contains facts…

2 Likes

I think they are all busy defending Greta’s honor. :wink:

2 Likes

Yep. I currently have three on my want list. Maybe one of those won’t be defective like the rest of ‘em.

I find fault with their data they only sourced 50 mass shooting in America from 1998 - 2015.
but I bet the pro-gun author of “The war on guns” doesn’t have an agenda and conduct this study scientifically.

cbs source 300 + Mass shooting in 2019 alone so not sure where this person is getting 50 in two decades.

The problem is in what you count and the terminology used.

When the media reports a “mass shooting” it’s always a case where the shooter is just shooting whoever they can in a random opportune fashion.

But when they count up mass shootings they include things like gang violence.

The problem isn’t their number. It’s in that they only use the terminology for one type of shooting, but count many other types to increase the tally.

If you limit the shootings to only be the type they report on, random shootings of innocents, the number is drastically different.

The Authors of both studies are bias one is done by a person who think there is a war on guns and the other is done by someone who think guns are the issue.

they created the studies to prove their per-existing point which is the opposite of science

His agenda is getting the truth out. He didn’t start out pro gun.

There is a war on guns, pay attention to the platforms the democrats are running on.

By not labeling every shooting with more than one victim a “mass shooting”.

3 or more dead not counting the shooter taking place in a single location, not in connection with any other crime.

If there’s a war, the NRA has won every battle. They’ve gotten their way so much that they are championing such laws as Stand Your Ground.

The facts are that when you remove the two areas where we have the most deaths from gun violence per capita, the US looks pretty good. When you leave them in, we are one of 6 american countries that contribute to 1/2 of all the gun deaths in the world per capita.

Yeah I really need to look at how they’re determining these numbers. Like what they removed in counts from the US and what they left in for other countries.

There we go, give it the old Canadian try.

1 Like

Well that’s not true at all. Sometimes I wish the NRA was the beast hoplophobes claim it is.

1 Like