How Do You Think Corona Is Going To "End"

I couldn’t disagree more. I may be misunderstanding you.

Flu mutates much faster and there are far more subtypes and strains than SARS-CoV-2.

Because that’s sociopathic.

1 Like

Mutation also requires time. What else causes a virus to mutate?

So we can stop testing now?

So I need to get it and breed with another survivor to help the species?

Prove medical intervention is “getting them healthy” please.

It wasn’t a question. I was agreeing. You’d be doing me a favor if you would put the text of the quote in your posts, please.

Thousand of years ago that same flu could have wiped out large percentage of population that it came into contact with. It is only because of evolution that is has limited effect on man.

Why?

Is it? To put the good of society ahead of the individual is “sociopathic”? Are you sure?

100 years ago it did. Are you saying we evolved that much in 4 generations?

In few hundred years H1N1 strain that kills us would have very limited effect on man. Thus the reason for virus to survive it has to mutate. Those reason why I’m concern what this virus will do years from now.

I’ll leave that to those that are in medical field to answer.

I do find this to be interesting discussion. Long term effect on society and how human can evolve to combat it.

Literally…fewer citizens, fuller cemeteries, lower gdp, pressure from have-nots for socialized medicine.
Doomsday prepper movement will flourish.
Far left will make a stronger move on 2A rights (…afraid the preppers will have upper hand).
More division in politics, DJT loses 2020 but just fires up alt-right even more.
Pockets of Covid will still be in corners of the world

No it’s impossible to keep this lockdown until their is vaccine. The best case scenario I have seen for a vaccine on the market was 12 months.

So the hope is the next strain will kill us less?

Doesn’t get em healthy…maybe that’s wrong choice of words but it gets em through it for them to start the process so evolution to take place.

So when do we lift it?

I have seen no evidence it is doing anything to help anything.

This is one of the better discussions which may help answer the question posed by the OP. It’s a rather long listen . . . you can jump through it.

1 Like

Overtime with small microbes and viruses I believe yes.

If we find plant man on another planet in which we can survive and come back 40 thousands years later…would those that habitats that new planet be the same species as us on this planet? or would minor changes take place that helps them to better survive that planet and thous new species of man was created?

I think Bill gates has the the best idea, America shuts down for 10 week’s no exceptions. It hurts me to say this but this virus spreads to depend on social distancing and self quarantine. Maybe (Possibly) we can recover after 2 and 1/2 months but a year nope . The countries using these draconian measures are getting through it the western nations have implemented slow bleed measures that are clearly not working.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/5635C75C-7436-11EA-9ABE-1A59C2664716

I believe it will as we build up immunity. For virus to survive it has to mutate or parish like millions before them.

Again not expert…just find this fascinating to be honest.

I will grant that we have somehow managed to go from killing 6% of the population to 50-60,000 a year in 4 generations.

Is the latter number acceptable to us for the next 4 generations?

1 Like