How do you know if you are a liberal or conservative?

As they get older they become more autonomous. So I would acknowledge that later in life the influences of parents do diminish. In the OP I never claimed it was 100%.

And it would hurt a lot of people.

But I get itā€¦boot strapsā€¦ survival of the fittestā€¦etcā€¦

How many soldiers would it hurt?

There is truth to this post.

Liberalism and conservatism have very little, if anything to do with it.

How many engagements would be eliminated?

None.

1 Like

You do not know that.

No society can guarantee that the children born will only be to two loving economically stable people who are committed to each other in marriage. What is indisputable is that statistically speaking children born in the situation I described is better than having children born to single mothers living in poverty.

Of course I do.

And I agree. Itā€™s not even debatable. But what do we do about the ones that arenā€™t?

If birth control and Sex Ed was readily available (like in many European countries, where the teenage pregnancy rate is much lower), that would make a huge difference in the amount of single mothers.

Providing free higher education and/or jobs training programs would enable more people to earn more, and not be in poverty.

No, you cannot predict the future.

Prophecy is not your lane.

It depends. if you get angry hearing the truth? Then you must be a lib.

You musā€™ not know 'bout me.

Iā€™m the 7th son of the 7th son.
I can tell your future, it will come to pass
I can do things to her make her heart feel glad
Look in the sky, predict the rain
Tell when a womanā€™s got another man.

US troops have been engaged somewhere every day since the day this country was founded. And pols sent us.

What does it take to change the nature of man?

TMI.

Good night.

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.

Cormac McCarthy

Scary ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  I know.

Scary? Nahā€¦

Odd? Freakish? Offbeat?

Could be,

I understand. Iā€™ve seen it.

You just proved my point in the OP:

ā€œIf you say myself or the parents or government policies you are likely a conservative, if you say the system, poverty, the weather or whatever other external force that you can think of you are likely a liberal. To clarify this doesnā€™t mean that oneā€™s view on it is necessarily 100%.ā€

1 Like