How do you know if you are a liberal or conservative?

Because they’re meaningless as he stands only for what the group he’s talking to at the moment stands for.

As he’s now surrendered to far left Looney land, he is pandering to them by promising to destroy our economy, diminish our freedoms and surrender our military superiority. Probably the only promises he will actually try to keep.

1 Like

Well, one thing’s for sure; it’s not the kid’s fault.

And the scary thing is that he just might win. He is weak and will be beholden to those on the looney left, and God help us.

I think I can answer this…This describes me.

I would rather cut the military budget by at least 50% and put 30% of that cut towards social programs.

2 Likes

Liberal, conservative…too Manichean. I suspect most people aren’t so neatly categorized.

That saves money, but it doesn’t resolve the contradiction. You’re still robbing Peter.

A fiscal conservative would cut them each by 25%.

2 Likes

That’s simply not practical in today’s reality with both China and Russia building their militaries’.

I’m a liberal because I don’t see analyzing the reason for things as absolving someone of any responsibility. I’m liberal because I can’t water down complex issues Into black and white answers without any context.

1 Like

I wait for someone who disagrees with me on something to tell me what I am.

It’s the best way, of course.

My favorite posts are those where people spend a wall of text definitively stating what people who think differently from them believe.

It’s awesome.

1 Like

I disagree.

That’s true labels are fairly worthless. They are a few that fit the mold of a true liberal or a true conservative. Not to mention peoples views shift, I know mine has through the years on certain issues.

1 Like

Bias confirmation is a hell of a drug.

:roll_eyes:
Good lord.

Indeed.

I saved 20%

We out spend China by 2.5x

And Russia by 11x

We spend on military than the next 10 countries combined.

The underlying premise in the OP is that parents are the two most important people in a child’s life and that the decisions and actions they take are play the biggest and most important roles in their child’s development specifically into shaping who they are.

I saved 50.

I got that. But can you make a parent good?

I never said it was a death sentence. Also your focused on just the first question. Here are the others:

Whose fault is it if my/a child does not graduate school?
Whose fault is it if my/a child gets involved in drugs?
Whose fault is it if my/a child joins a gang?
Whose fault is it if my/a child gets in trouble with the law?